Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » 2.9 Photo Edit

2.9 Photo Edit

• Hi,

Just upgraded to 2.9.2 and when I upload a image to the media library through a page post I can’t edit the size. The only radio button that is selected if for full size (Thumbnail, Media, Large radio buttons are disabled).

That’s the first problem I see. Now, when I go back into my media library to use the new WP 2.9 photo editing options I can’t. I go to media library and click on edit for one of my photos. This brings up additional info about the photo. Between the dimensions and title field should be a Edit Photo button, but is not there. Is there an option I have to turn on for this to work?

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • esmi

Forum Moderator

Have you tried:

– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem? If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).

– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems?

resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin? Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.

– re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a fresh download of WordPress?

increasing your available memory?

Thanks, esmi for the reply.

Yes, I have tried all steps and nothing. I deleted the plugins folder completely, switched to the default theme and nothing.

I will try re-uploading the wp-admin and wp-includes folder.

I will keep all posted.

I am working on my local machine…does this matter when it comes to photo editing?

I switched to the default theme (no go). I am using a fresh copy of 2.9.2…the only thing I copied was my custom theme into the “themes” folder. Again, no go.

The only thing I have in my plug-ins folder is what downloaded with WP 2.9.2.

Do I have to activate this option somewhere…like in my functions.php file? Also, when I add media through creating a page I get a few additional options and some that are missing. I am missing the new thumbnail option.

Additional options are:

Full size (1024 × 768)

I select a radio button for the alignment, but I can’t change the size. Full size is the only one selected and the others are grayed out. Any thoughts on this?

I greatly appreciate your time and help.

Forum Moderator

You shouldn’t need to activate any options in WordPress. My guess is that your local server doesn’t include the necessary PHP image modules – the GD library, if I remember correctly..

Thanks, esmi! How do I install the PHP image modules (GD library)? I tried to google it and can’t find anything about this.

Any ideas?

I am having similar problems – if you cannot provide a fix I will pay someone to help me – using 2.9.2 with the painter theme I can upload and see photos fine when they are loaded via DW FTP and inserted in a Post – or when I insert in a post via URL or link – but not when I upload via WP. The images are there but with a red x on a white outline of the image. When I go to edit the image I can see it but then when I save it it has the red x in the Media file and in the post.

Thank you very much for your help – If you need to provide paid consulting let me know and I will provide my e-mail address. Thank you.

I found this link…have not tried it yet. Let me know if this works for you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.9 Photo Edit’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar