Support » Installing WordPress » 2.8 upgrade results in Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modi

• Hi All,
    Like a sucker I clicked the button. Big mistake as I have read in lot’s of posts I have seen on this forum.
    My website comes up but it put’s these two error lines at the top of the page and bumps everything down.

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier ‘\’ in /home/content/m/e/l/mellis2718/html/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 210

Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modifier ‘\’ in /home/content/m/e/l/mellis2718/html/wordpress/wp-includes/classes.php on line 211

I tried to do it a couple of more times by going to tools, update, etc… I have tried no plugins activated as well, I have tried reverting back to the basic theme as well. These errors remain regardless.
    I am at a loss as to which direction to go from here. I have a zip of the db backup I believe that the site emails me everyday. Not sure I have anything beyond that.

Help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fixed my website! Yay! Went to godaddy, clicked “upgrade to WP 2.7.1”. Wait. It is now all good! – WordPress 2.8 – Never again!

Never say never, but got same error.
    Hope something is done ’bout it soon.

dirvish42

(@dirvish42)

I am getting this error after upgrading to 2.8. I can’t find info on this anywhere else. Help!

http://chico.theatredate.com/

Well I tried again after all the discussions about the hack going about. Same problem. I did the upgrade through godaddy this time to 2.8.4 and I get the errors at the top of the page. Dirvish42, how did you fix yours?

Same error when upgraded from 2.6 to 2.9. Resolved by editting the permalink settings to custom structure: /%category%/%postname%/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8 upgrade results in Warning: preg_match() [function.preg-match]: Unknown modi’ is closed to new replies.