• After putting my trust in the automatic update to version 2.8 I have completly lost all my blog content.

This comes at a very important time where I was just about to monatise the blog after feeding content for almost 2 years and getting really good traffic, it has gone and never to be seen again.
    Even if you click on the link to the guys that were maintaining the blog,
    you get an error page.

I suppose i will bury it and start again. I reckon they should take this automatic update crap down and send it to where ever my blog has gone.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • did you not backup the database as the instructions say – before you clicked the upgrade button?

After putting my trust in the automatic update to version 2.8 I have completly lost all my blog content.

I seriously doubt you lost your content…I don’t think there is anything in the upgrade that would cause this. You may not be able to see your content for some other reason, but it’s there.

If you didn’t disable your plugins before upgrading, a fix may be to do it now. If you can get to phpMyAdmin, see the following video on how to disable the plugins.

http://educhalk.org/blog/?p=38

Do NOT use the auto updater. It blows and always causes issues.. do ftp upgrades. It’s easy and much more reliable.

On the other hand.. did you not make a sql backup and backup your folders first? So long as you do this.. you will never ever lose everything. Always easy to restore.

Unless your database has been deleted, your content should still be there, just not visible. I had this problem a couple of days ago. The most likely cause is your theme has crashed.

If you can get into the dashboard, try using the default theme. If you can’t access your dashboard, FTP to your site and move all but the Default folder out of wp-content/themes/ This will force the default to be used. Then try logging into your blog and see if your content is back.

Regards

Glenn

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8 Update a catastrophe’ is closed to new replies.