Okay so it's not exactly the greatest of problems but it's a little irritating and doesn't work how it should.
Having tried the various options of 1/2/3 or 4 columns in the dashboard, I ended up settling for remaining with the 2 columns version. Problem is now WP is just having all the modules stuck on the left column, leaving the right one empty. If I re-drag and drop modules to their location, WP doesn't remember it and next access to the dashboard just gives me all the modules on the left column again.
So far it's the only issue I've noticed. I've tried disabling some of my plugins in case of interference, including Ajaxed WordPress, which probably needs an upgrade but to no avail. Since my blog isn't actually broken (a little CSS for the search form went wonky but nothing serious) I don't want to disable all the plugins. However, I hope this will be resolved in the next version, or that the appropriate plugin will have a new version soon.