• Resolved Schwarttzy

(@schwarttzy)

Okay so I installed 2.8 thinking it would be a breeze but of course there is problems. I resolved the first problem myself by realizing that 2.8 has it’s on version of sticky post so I deleted the old plug-in which gave me control of my admin section but I still need to resolve the problem with the front portion of the website not showing (a blank page with no code). My website is http://schwarttzy.com/ , I’m going to remove all the plugins and see if that helps, but does anyone got suggestion?

Side note to WordPress – You think you would have tested this a bit more, kind of logical step to see if the site works with an out of date plug-in you ran over.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thread Starter Schwarttzy

(@schwarttzy)

Hey I figured out the fail in WordPress The solution is that the 2.8 index.php fails, to fix download version 2.71 wordpress and just upload the file index.php

Sounds like you have some missing files. If you can get to your dashboard, use the automatic upgrade feature to re-install again. Or if you can’t do that, ftp all the files in the 2.8 downloaded version to your site except for the contents of the “wp-contents folder”.

I had the same issue with the blank front end and this worked for me.

Meesha

Thread Starter Schwarttzy

(@schwarttzy)

Meesha I appreciate the post, But i tried that many times. The error is in the index as I stated above something with “open php // silence is golden end php” the server didn’t like.

Surprised that no one is reading this and fixing there site.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.8 Install failed’ is closed to new replies.