• Hi! I updated to WP version 2.7 and am having a couple of problems with posts.

Edit Timestamp:
    Clicking Edit to edit the timestamp does nothing.

Upload Images:
    I can get to both the Flash and non-Flash image uploaders, and choose and image. But when I click the Insert button I get a blank screen.

I’m using a Mac, latest OS, latest Flash and Javascript. This happens in both Firefox and Safari. I deleted the WP files from my host and reinstalled them from a fresh download.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Same problem here using wp remix 2.0… @pop art where do you delete the code calling for the WPRemix2 Advanced Editor…

Thanks

@ppoivre
    In functions.php of your theme files, at the very bottom you will find the following code which you can just comment out or delete:

//Remix Editor
    //include(TEMPLATEPATH . “/editor/remix_advanced_editor.php”);

I have been plagued by the image ‘blank screen of death’ problem as well and have been able to solve it! Hopefully this will work for you:

1) Make sure there are no other tabs or open browser windows EXCEPT the one for your editing. I think the system gets confused and doesn’t know which window to drop the image into. This solved 99% of my problems (in IE and Firefox) and nothing else that was suggested worked. I originally thought it was a browser problem. This also is related to an earlier post about domain masking. I mask my domains as well and this really confuses the admin. Use the registered URL in the general settings with the /wp-admin/ to get into the admin.

2) If you are using WPMU do not use dashes or mix capital and lowercase letters in your blog name. This might also be true for wordpress, but I use MU. I think this has something to do with the permalink structure that was stated in an earlier post, and I think they are on the right track. But I removed a dash and a capital ‘I’ in one of my names and images were dropping in again.

I have had this problem since upgrading to 2.6.5 and have been able to solve it for 50+ blogs using the above methodology through 2.7.

Berserc

I have this problem and I’ve noticed that in the working versions, there is a different code when you hover over a button in the add media bar.

image&TB_iframe=true
    that’s what i get in my non working version

image&TB_iframe=true&width=640&height=487

I have no idea why the entire code isn’t appearing on both versions. I have 2.7 on both. On the non working, I went back to the original theme and disabled all plugs in.

Is it possible that I need to clear my servers cache?

ADSENSE MANAGER PLUGIN was my problem… I desactivated it, and everything is working now!

mccomf

(@mccomf)

Thanks POPART.
    It worked for me.
    cheers

DavidGadarian

(@davidgadarian)

I’ve had the same issue (really only an issue with older posts) and the time stamp (which oddly can be opened using quick edit), but the issue only seems to exists when I’m using IE – in Firefox everything seems to work fine – I’ll try to the single window fix on IE later but I didn’t want to lose this thread, and that is not really very functional.

Also, thanks to the WordPress community! Still hammering out my theme but I’ll have a WordPress link(s) up soon.

David

jls548

(@jls548)

I’m having the same problem. I recently consolidated to wordpress blogs, each with their own subdirectory (http://toomuchchocolate.org/interview and http://toomuchchocolate.org/gallery), into a single blog in the root folder. Instead of recreating both, I imported the ‘gallery’ blog into the ‘interview’ blog, then brought the interview blog to “http://toomuchchocolate.org” by simply copying the index.php file into the root folder, and making my blog url “http://toomuchchocolate.org/”, while keeping the WordPress folder in the ‘interview’ subdirectory.

I’m running the newest wordpress, 2.7, and I’m having the exact issue described. Images upload fine, I can see them before I insert into post, but then when I insert, they vanish. After they’ve been ‘ghost uploaded’ though I can go back in and manually tell wordpress to pull the image from the URL I uploaded to. So weird and annoying.

I’ve tried everything above. My uploads are going into wp-content/uploads, as is the upload path in my phpmyadmin folder. I tried putting interview/wp-content/uploads, but it didn’t work. Any ideas?

The other thing: some of my images are loading as attachmentid’s now. gah.

satrinah

(@satrinah)

another plugin called History Manager also caused my media uploader iframe to not work. If you have it, disable it and you will get ur iframe back and be able to insert posts.

It was the Position Yourself plugin for me. Disabled it, and everything started working fine. Thanks everyone!

I can’t either. This is the error I get:

Unable to create directory /var/www/vhosts/ontravel.com/httpdocs/wordpress/http://www.ontravel.com/images/2009/08. Is its parent directory writable by the server?

I’ve tried changing permissions. But to be honest, I feel like I have to have a degree in information systems to understand the WordPress manual when it’s talking about how to. It’s almost as if the writer of the manual wants everyone to know how much he knows so he fills it with a bevy of information I simply don’t need to know and as such, the manual COMPLETELY FAILS and teaching me how to do it.

JUST. TELL. ME. WHAT. TO. DO. I DON’T CARE about theory.

In my case, I had an old version of Headspace that was generating a Javascript error. When I upgraded, it fixed the Javascript error and the Add Image button worked. So check to make sure your plugins are up-to-date!

This is my error message trying to put an image in a post:
    “Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘media_admin_css’ was given in /var/www/wordpress/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 339”

WP 2.8.4
    Flexible upload 1.13

I’ve searched for solutions, but it won’t word . . . .?

Eno

I am seeing this same issue using Opera 10 on both Ubuntu 8.10 and Vista SP2.

I disabled all plugins and tested both of the default themes to no avail. I am not able to “Insert into post”.

In this condition I was able to insert using Firefox.

This suggests it’s a problem in the WP JavaScript (and that this JS occasionally conflicts with script in themes or plugins as well).

If anyone knows one of the devs, please point them at this information as this needs to be fixed in WP.

I am also unable to add a category from within a post Edit page. Related?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 trouble: can’t upload images or edit timestamp’ is closed to new replies.