WordPress.org

Forums

[resolved] 2.7 new install - redirect loop error (3 posts)

1. s872
    Posted 6 years ago #

Hi there,

I have just installed WordPress 2.7 (new install, not an upgrade) on a self-hosted site, following the famous 5 minute install.

Everything worked OK (from what I can tell) and I am able to log in to my dashboard, etc.

However, when I go to my URL - http://www.simonslife.net - I receive the following error on Firefox:

Redirect Loop
    Redirection limit for this URL exceeded. Unable to load the requested page. This may be caused by cookies that are blocked.
    The browser has stopped trying to retrieve the requested item. The site is redirecting the request in a way that will never complete.
    * Have you disabled or blocked cookies required by this site?
    * NOTE: If accepting the site's cookies does not resolve the problem, it is probably a server configuration issue and not your computer.

Please can somebody help as I have followed some of the help/advice provided in other threads but nothing is resolving this issue.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

2. s872
    Posted 6 years ago #

This plugin solved my problem...

disable-canonical-redirects.phps

3. glenara
    Posted 5 years ago #

Thanks for the link. Why isn't this plugin listed in the WordPress plugins, or at least I couldn't find it.

This error is occurring is version 2.8.6 as well. This is clearly a bug and shouldn't have to be a plugin.

The 5 minute install to-date has taken about 40 hours and still can't login properly without using a temporary hack. It keeps returning to the login page even though the credentials are correct. (the login cookies are not being sent with the header redirection)

Regards and thanks for the link.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic