• Resolved mcdcrook

(@mcdcrook)

I installed and logged in fine, but the ONLY way I can get to my dashboard is by changing my address to the wp-admin/ page. There are no links to the dashboard anywhere on the new interface!!!

What’s worse, the dashboard lacks the links columns that are supposed to be in the left-hand rail. I have all of the “quickpress” and “right now” blocks, but the left-hand rail is empty! So I cannot access my plugins or any of the other settings.

This problem exists for me in firefox, IE, and Chrome. Halp!!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I have the same problem. though when I log in and get to the dashboard page, there’s no left hand rail. I cannot activate/deactivate my plugins and now I have a fatal error where my website used to be
    http://www.johnpazdan.com

If you have the WP-Sticky plugin installed, delete it from the plugin directory and your dashboard will show.

If you don’t have this plugin, delete your plugins one at a time and refresh. It could be from another incompatible plugin.

Deactivate the Admin Drop Down Menu WordPress Plugin or similar Plugins and everything should work.

To create a sticky post, it is built into WordPress 2.7 and available on the specific post’s edit post panel. Check “Stick to the front page” option.

To deactivate all your WordPress Plugins, part of the upgrade instructions that should have been followed, use an FTP client to rename your Plugins directory temporarily. When you have finished the upgrade, then rename it and activate the Plugins one by one. Ensure that they are all updated and check the WordPress 2.7 Plugin Compatibility list.

Thread Starter mcdcrook

(@mcdcrook)

will do–thanks!

thanks..by following the link to the Deactivate admin drop down menu plugin, i finally got to the admin page, where i found an upgrade for my theme..did it and boom..2.7
    thanks..I love this place.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 has borked my dashboard’ is closed to new replies.