• Resolved orrie

(@orrie)

Just upgraded all wordpress versions to 2.7. Unfotunately there’s one problem, no flash uploader. Uploading 1 image at a time sucks.

Here’s the details:
    + Erased cache and cookies
    + installed flash player 10
    + tried on both safari 3.1.2 and firefox 3.1b2 browsers
    + only allowed browser uploads

Screenshot Below
    http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/8075/picture7ja0.png

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Here is the file:

swfupload

Unzip that and upload it to that same directory on your blog and you should be up and running.

Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

I have downloaded WP installation and it does not have swfupload.swf either!! Where can I get this file?

It does exist in the full WP installation. I just checked.

http://wordpress.org/latest.zip

I have checked on other servers (including my local one), and i still cannot get the “Select files” to show up. (WP 2.7, Flash 10, Mac OS X 10.5.6).

All files is there. Replaced, checked permissions etc etc.

Something strange is going on. πŸ™‚

Thanks! I have uploaded swfupload.swf, but still could not make uploader work in 2.6 work, so i upgraded to 2.7, and now flash uploader works fine.

thanks, irina

Hello All:

I recently upgraded to 2.7 and I can’t seem to get a .swf file uploaded. I tried the suggestions mentioned by others (namely manually uploading the swfupload file- which did get me a “Select Files” button on the Flash Uploader). But I still can’t upload my .swf file. It starts then shows its “crunching” then stalls.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I might fix this? Thanks.

Folks, make sure you’re uploading the entire swfupload folder from WordPress 2.7, not just the swfupload.swf file.

Perfect! Just the fix I was looking for. I had the swfupload folder in my site files and it all looked like it was there. I decided to use ftp to overwrite the folder from newly downloaded 2.7 files, cleared cache, restarted browser and it works terrifically now. Very happy camper – thank you!!

I have flash 10.0.12.36 installed.

Sorry to bust this topic open again, but I tried the swfupload fix several times and it did not work.

Here’s what I did:

1. Uploaded swfupload folder again(yep, all the necessary files were in there, I checked).
    2. Cleared my browser cache
    3. Refreshed the page
    4. Tried to upload again
    5. Still no joy. Anyone? Do I have to go back to Flash 9?
      The page just sits there. Here’s a screen shot:

http://quoindesign.com/scrshot.jpg

Thanks!

I am also experiencing the same problem on two different sites that I administer. I have tried re-uploading the wp-includes and wp-admin directories, to no avail. I have also uninstalled Flash10, installed Flash9, cleared the browser, still no go. Are there any updates to fix this? I could swear it was working when I first setup both sites with WordPress 2.7…

Any ideas???

Yay!! I just wanted to thank everyone because i think this is my first issue that was easily resolved thanks to this forum!
    I also had Flash 10 and WP 2.7 and suddenly could not upload pics with Flash.
    I downloaded the Zip file provided above by smarttech and uploaded it to the directory /wp-includes/js/swfupload/ and NOW it works again!
    Thank you guys!
    LL

http://www.llworldtour.com

Re-uploading the swfupload folder solved the problem for me! Last time I just used the browser upload. Today, I decided to see if there was a solution. Thanks.

Works here thanx all especially firy… forgot the name sorry!

Thanks fryewiles, you just mde my life easier.

aradams

(@aradams)

I can’t get the flash uploader to work. I have tried everything I can find and even with a brand-new installation of 2.7.1 it’s till buggered. I thought this was fixed?

stephenfleming

(@stephenfleming)

Glad to see so many people working on this, but the fix isn’t working for me. Re-uploaded the ‘/js/swfuploads’ folder from ‘latest.zip’. Checked permissions. Cleared cache, Restarted browser. (Two different browsers — Safari and Firefox 3 for Mac). Nothing works.

Helpful data: Flash uploader DOES work on one of my WordPress 2.7.1 sites, but NOT on the other. Different hosts, both running 2.7.1, one works, one doesn’t… so I don’t think it’s a configuration issue on my Mac.

And I am reasonably certain it worked on the broken site with WP2.7, but broke with the automatic upgrade to 2.7.1.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 Flash Uploader Problem’ is closed to new replies.