• Can we have an optional rollback of the dashboard/site admin area to the way it was prior to the 2.7 version?

This new look makes me cringe! O_o

While it certainly may improve some things, I’d much rather have the old look back.

It should be fairly easy to give us a choice of what to use, no? Similar to themes, this could easily be made a choice for people who like the old one more.

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Some changes in the 2.7 interface are good, like being able to get rid of items displayed on the dashboard main page, or move them around. Ditto for being able to move things on the write/edit post page. But that main dashboard menu is really awkward–and yes, I have tried it long enough to know I won’t get used to it, nor do I think I should be forced to get used to it. The horizontal menu with visible submenu items is very much easier and preferable to an expand/collapse menu on the left side. It is not only more usable, but wastes less screen real estate. I don’t know who did the usability testing, but they must have all been left-handed. This is what I get for obeying the “upgrade now” directive.

At least give me the option for a horizontal versus vertical menu.

I also vote for the ability to have the Dashboard menu have an option to once again be a horizontal drop down menu.

This is so much better in terms of usability, I am surprised that it was changed.

six months since the last comment, I have to say that I still don’t like the side menu. it’s a minor annoyance on an otherwise outstanding product. that said, it seems to require more clicking around than the old drop-down menu. that’s why I’m thrilled that I finally discovered the Ozh’ drop-down admin menu plugin:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ozh-admin-drop-down-menu/screenshots/

I installed it but haven’t tried it out yet, but it’s a beautiful implementation of drop downs that made me breathe the biggest sigh of relief! Will report back any problems or issues I have with it. Cheers

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 Dashboard/Site admin possible to get old menu style back?’ is closed to new replies.