• So, on the post writing page, the tags pane has a link for “choose from most popular tags”. I think this is a very good thing.

I think it would be an even better thing if it worked.

It looks as though the url may not have anything in it? My browser shows it as http//etc/new-post.php# .

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • got the same problem. Nothing happens, but there are many tags at all!

Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

Works for me. And the link is a javascript based one, so the URL won’t have anything in it.

Note that the link makes an AJAX request, so it’s possible that something on your server blocks the request. mod_security would be a prime suspect.

I have the same issue but am not very aware with the mod_security approach you told about.
    I guess the request is the same for “admin” or “author” role.

What is your suggestion to improve/resolve the situation ?

I seem to be having the same problem.

Logged in as a user with Administrator privileges I can edit or create a new post and click on “Choose from the most popular tags” and see all the tags that have been used and select accordingly.

When logged in as a user that has Author privileges, when I click on “Choose from the most popular tags” the only thing that shows up is a -1. I have changed the privileges for this account from Author to Administrator and the tags show up just fine, but as soon as I change the privileges back to Author the list changes back to -1.

I Have NextGEN Gallery plugin installed and I thought that may have changed something within my site since it does work with the tags. I have Subscribers selected for Tags under the Roles portion.

I am thinking it is a permissions issue; I’m just not sure where to check or what to change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.MJI

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 ‘choose from popular tags’ does nothing’ is closed to new replies.