Support » Installing WordPress » 2.7 can’t add media or make post private anymore

• Something told me it would be a mistake. “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”. Anyway, I took the plunge to 2.7 and now I’ve totally lost the ability to upload any kind of media to a post (no images, video, sound, nothing). I’ve also lost the ability to make a post “private” in the Publishing module (upper right corner of dashboard).

As usual, I don’t expect much help from the “SUPPORT” forums but I figured I’d give it a shot. I’ve contacted two Developers and still haven’t heard a word either. I know they must be very busy though as there are just way too many issues with 2.7 and frankly it is NOT ready for prime time. If anyone knows a way to revert back to 2.6 please let me know!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

How did you upgrade? Automatic upgrade plugin?

Forget that. Upgrade manually. Make sure you upload ALL the WordPress 2.7 files. Missed files cause weird errors.

And WordPress 2.7 is probably the most problem free release ever, actually.

Thread Starter dark-cobra

(@dark-cobra)

WoW! Somebody to the rescue. Thanks so much for the reply. I was just now reading the same thing regarding the importance of doing the upgrade manually instead of via the auto upgrade feature. I’m going to give that a try now. Thanks so much and I’ll report back what happens!

(@dark-cobra)

Well I manually uploaded all the 2.7 files and sadly the same issues prevail. I would like to still continue to thank Otto42 for at least responding and offering help. I see a growing number of issues somewhat similar to mine and some different. Hopefully, the developers are monitoring the forums and while they are not directly responding (must be busy and I understand that) they will quickly correct these issues in the next upgrade 2.7.1.

If I do find a resolution I’ll post back to let others know.

Moderator Samuel Wood (Otto)

(@otto42)

WordPress.org Admin

Got any plugins? Deactivate them. I had one called WP-Amazon that broke quite a lot of javascript related stuff on the post screen.

(@dark-cobra)

YOU DA MAN!

I deactivated my plugins and discovered that it was a Gallery Plugin that was the problem. They apparently have released a new version of that plugin and I tried it again and now everything is working fine!

Thanks so much for the great advice!

hi
    i have the same problem.
    so i upgraded manually, and it’s still not working well.
    i don’t really know how to check if any of the plugins are causing the problem too. :/

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2.7 can’t add media or make post private anymore’ is closed to new replies.