Have been using WordPress since years ago.
Just set up a test blog using the newly released 2.7.
Having some issues with the permalink feature, wonder if it’s a bug or not.
What I have done:
- Set up a test blog from scratch (reset MySQL database and delete all WordPress files) in a top-level sub-directory. (e.g. http://mydomain.com/testblog/)
- Changed the permalink settings to “/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/”. Using “cat” and “tag” as the ‘custom structures for your category and tag URLs’.
- Made an .htaccess writable by Apache and WordPress did successfully update the settings for mod_rewrite.
- In WordPress 2.6.5, I would be able to access my feed using the address: “http://mydomain.com/testblog/feed/atom/”. Nice and neat.
- But in WordPress 2.7, typing “http://mydomain.com/testblog/feed/atom/” would always redirect me to “http://mydomain.com/feed/atom/” and thus resulting in an Error 404.
Is that something I did wrong? or an unintentional bug in 2.7?
Thanks for any help. Cheers!