WordPress.org

Support

Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » 2.6.1 Login Looping

2.6.1 Login Looping

• I upgraded to 2.6.1 and then upgraded the database, now I am getting a login loop (I log in with the correct username and password) – it keeps asking me to “please login again”.

any suggestions?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • this seems to be a very common problem. i’m getting it with wordpress 2.5.

I am even getting it with a fresh install now too!

I’ve been having this problem too!

It’s so bad that I asked my web host to just purge it so I can start fresh.

I noticed that it occurs before I even apply a template, and if I remember correctly, it’s after adjusting some simple settings on the same page as the time zone.

No idea how to fix this other than the ‘scorched earth’ method.

mrmist

@mrmist

Forum Janitor

It is common, because folk don’t read the instructions that say to clear cookies, which is 90% of the time the reason for the login loops.

Clear cookies, clear cache, restart browser. Try again.

mrmist:

Perhaps I’m jumping onto the coattails of a problem other than what mine is. Mine persists regardless of which browser, system, etc. one uses to access the blog.

For example, I could use a pristine system that has never been online before and would still have the same issue when I access the page.

In fact, I have tried this from 2 Mac systems, 2 Windows systems, my iPhone, and my wii (yeah, I was just curious)… all with the same result.

Any suggestions? Is my problem something other than what the others have described?

mrmist

@mrmist

Forum Janitor

You may have to describe your specific problem in more detail. At first inspection yes, I would say it is different.

This is what I’m seeing:

http://pixelrelish.com/images/screencap.gif

Doesn’t seem to matter whether I try to login as admin or my username, and even the initial login looks similar:

http://pixelrelish.com/index.php

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.6.1 Login Looping’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar