Support » Plugins and Hacks » 2.6 to 2.8 – Will theme work ?

• Resolved jashsayani

(@jashsayani)

Hi,

I have a Tech blog (JashSayani.com) where I blog about software related stuff. It’s also a place for people to download some small applications I develop. I have been using WordPress 2.6 with tons of plugins, right from Lightbox to Admin panel theme.

I want to know, If I upgrade to WordPress 2.8 (Latest release), will my theme work (iBlog) ? and my Admin panel skin (Leopard Admin).

Let me know. Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Your theme is by Pagelines – Feel free to contact them.

I could do that in the beginning. I jusy wanted to know weather themes are generally compatible with 2.8 or there is a structure change.

Secondly, do v2.6 Admin panel themes work with 2.8 ??

Generally, themes are compatible. One of new features in 2.7 onwards is threaded comments.

As for admin interface theme – compare the features of 2.6 vs 2.7 which have major changes – http://wordpress.tv/2009/01/08/wordpress-27-coltrane/

Thing is, you can contact your Site Theme and Admin Theme authors about compatibility and/or activate the Leopard Admin theme and check if it works in the 2.8 install. I would add, backup database and files/uploads, then disable all plugins and change to default theme before upgrading to 2.84a.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.6 to 2.8 – Will theme work ?’ is closed to new replies.