• Resolved swaroopch

(@swaroopch)

Commenting on my WordPress 2.5 installation works fine. But in 2.6, it says “Error: please fill the required fields (name, email).” even when all the information is entered (and there’s no captcha).

Anybody else facing this issue?

Update: When I untick “Comment author must fill out name and e-mail” in the Discussion settings page, it seems to work fine.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thread Starter swaroopch

(@swaroopch)

Strange. I just renamed everything in the comment form and wp-comments-post.php from ’email’ to ’email2′ and it’s working again!

I had the same problem, and I was able to get to the root cause. I had ‘subscribe to comment’ plugin installed, and had added code to comments.php [show_manual_subscription_form();] to allow users to subscribe without commenting. However, instead of adding it after the </form> tag (as recommended), I had added just before the </form> tag.

@swaroopch your solution would also solve the problem, but its a workaround. Maybe its good for you (and others who, like me, might find the page in future) to know.

Hardeep Singh
    http://blog.hardeep.name

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2.6 comment posting says “Error: please fill the required fields (name, email).”’ is closed to new replies.