• Resolved Ron Zvagelsky

(@rzvagelsky)

Just upgraded to version 2.5.1 (from 2.5) and I am unable to see a list of categories when I write a new post or edit a draft.

Clicking on “Most Used” does display a list of most used categories, but when “All Categories” is selected, nothing is displayed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thread Starter Ron Zvagelsky

(@rzvagelsky)

Bump…any help on this one?

I’m experiencing the same problem after upgrading to version 2.5.1 now. On the ‘manage categories’ page everything seems to be ok but when I want to write a new post or edit a draft I have to same issue as rzvagelsky describes… Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

Thread Starter Ron Zvagelsky

(@rzvagelsky)

Did you by chance have any modification done to your classes.php file? I hacked it so that I could get empty category pages (with a custom template for that category) to show up instead of getting a 404 error.

When I upgraded to 2.5.1 (from 2.5), I didn’t update the classes.php and that was the culprit. I applied the hack to the new classes.php file, uploaded it, and voila!

With 2.5, I suddenly lost the ability to upload images. However, I could still upload them via FTP and then link to them. With 2.5.1, however, I can neither upload images nor link to them after they’ve been manually uploaded.

Qualification: I can use the built-in upload function, and the images show up in the gallery. But I can’t get them to show up in posted messages.

In short, I’m moving backward! Anyone have a clue how I can get back to where I was before things started going backwards?

I have the problem mentioned by rzvagelsky in
    http://wordpress.org/support/topic/172115?replies=5#post-744424

I.e., I am unable to see a list of categories when I write a new post or edit a draft. Clicking on “Most Used” does display a list of most used categories, but when “All Categories” is selected, nothing is displayed.

Would appreciate any suggestion

==

In addition, I have problems in the display of the categories in
    my blog. See http://orissagrowth.org

In sidebar.php I have a statement

<?php wp_list_cats(‘sort_column=name&optioncount=0&hierarchical=1’); ?>

When I have hierarchical=0 it shows what I ave now but when I have hierarchical=1 it does not show the categories at all.

Followin up on my earlier post, the Advanced options (that I can see when I post in my other blog) do not appear. I.e., the following is missing.

=============================================

Advanced Options
    + Excerpt

Excerpts are optional hand-crafted summaries of your content. You can use them in your template
    + Trackbacks

Send trackbacks to:
    (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

Trackbacks are a way to notify legacy blog systems that you’ve linked to them. If you link other WordPress blogs they’ll be notified automatically using pingbacks, no other action necessary.
    + Custom Fields
    Key Value Action

Add a new custom field:
    Key Value
    or

Custom fields can be used to add extra metadata to a post that you can use in your theme.
    + Comments & Pings

Allow Comments

Allow Pings

These settings apply to this post only. “Pings” are trackbacks and pingbacks.
    + Password Protect This Post

Setting a password will require people who visit your blog to enter the above password to view this post and its comments.
    + Post Slug
    + Post Author

@rzvagelsky

I had the same problem after the 2.5.1 upgrade.
    Reading through comments, I noticed the mention of a modified classes.php file.

I had modified mine to keep a current_page_item Selector working. (see link)
    I restored to the original classes.php file and the categories returned in the post page.

My problem is I need both functionalities!
    Want to select categories, and also keep my current_page_item Selector.
    Any clues from anyone?

Try scrolling down, I found the categories list down below, rather than on the right hand side.

Thread Starter Ron Zvagelsky

(@rzvagelsky)

I simply applied the same changes from the previous version to the new classes.php file (2.5.1), uploaded it, and voila!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5.1 Upgrade: All Categories (Write Post Page)’ is closed to new replies.