• I really need help.

I tried to upgrade my WordPress 2.5.1 install with 2.6, and I followed all instructions to the letter.

I have upgraded previously (three times, actually) but this time the upgrade screen came up with:

Warning: require(/home/fhlinux152/p/psheads.co.uk/user/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/fhlinux152/p/psheads.co.uk/user/htdocs/wp-settings.php on line 228

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/fhlinux152/p/psheads.co.uk/user/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /home/fhlinux152/p/psheads.co.uk/user/htdocs/wp-settings.php on line 228

I’m really scared and i don’t understand a word of what it says above. I reallyyyy need help. FAST!

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I don’t really understand what it means but it looks like something is missing in /wp-includes/ called from /wp-settings.php maybe. Did you fully upload all the upgrade files? Perhaps try uploading all the files again, or deleting them all and uploading again (via FTP).

Thread Starter bjaman

(@bjaman)

but would that affect my install?

what if i try and ‘reinstall’ using the same wp-config settings as my old install? would that work or would it be rejected becayse it’s been used before?

Looks like some files are missing. Try re-installing the files. leave the wp-config file alone (always)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5.1 to 2.6 Upgrade Error… So Scared!’ is closed to new replies.