• xroex

(@xroex)

I’ve tried so, so hard to figure this one out, but it’s left me feeling rather defeated…i hope this is in the right place!

I as running 2.3.something whilst i was working on my website. just before i went public with it, i upgraded to 2.5. I never had many plugins or add-ons, so i didn’t think i’d have much trouble upgrading. My website went live and after a week of no comments…i wondered if i’d suddenly got very unpopular or something was wrong with the commenting system…Alas, even though i had tested comments, i neglected to test them logged out.

The problem seems to be…when a reader publishes a comment, it displays either an error with ‘wp-comments-post.php’ as a suspected missing file. Since i’m currently staring at my ftp program at the file itself in the correct directory, i’m quite baffled…

I tried reinstalling 2.3.something and low and behold, it’s now doing the same thing.

So far, I’ve done a fresh new install 3 times, all under different directories and DB’s, just to assure it’s a completely new install. No avail. It’s not a problem with my theme i was using, as this is occurring for the two default themes 2.5 came with.

I’m left to believe that it’s a problem with the DB, or a problem at my host’s end. I’ve noticed on a fellow blogger’s site that they too have been having this problem, and that we are hosted by the same company, (netrillium). I don’t know if this could be a factor at all.

Anyway, anyone who can help me i’d be VERY greatful, as i’m using my site to power an online art portfolio and i have to present it to a college by the end of next week! Thankyou!

http://www.fluxx.nu/blog/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thread Starter xroex

(@xroex)

well, i’ve slept on it…i was thinking it could be a problem with the coding where the user inputs their name/email/website? Can anyone help please? ty x

mores

(@mores)

Indeed it does not work and it seems to be the wp-comments-post.php file.

Did you open and save it in any way?
    If yes, try downloading wp again and uploading the unmodified wp-comments-post.php.

I once screwed up my website by saving a file with incorrect character settings.

chewru

(@chewru)

did you solve the problem? i’m having the same issue. if you happened to figure it out please let us know. i’m happy there are others having the same problem. =)

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/168296?replies=1

eternyl

(@eternyl)

I have the same issue….I just reinstalled everything, still no working comments.
    all I get is a 502 Bad Gateway…and the page leaading to /wp-comments-post.php

cybermatic

(@cybermatic)

This only seems to happen if you have ticked “Users must be registered and logged in to comment”.

Untick this box and people will be able to leave comments again. Of course, if you want users to be registered and logged in to comment, then this is still going to be an issue for you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 – readers can’t publish comments, error messages and broken files!’ is closed to new replies.