Support » Fixing WordPress » 2.5 No longer sending comment email notification

• Basically, I am no longer receiving the email notifcation when anyone leaves an email on my blog.

I setup my blog last year with Word Press 2.1 (or .2, I forget) and everything was fine; I was using the default Theme and emails were being received regularly.

About a month ago I changed my Theme to Dipdolt V1 and upgraded to 2.3. Since then, nothing.

With the release of 2.5 I upgraded again, keeping the same Theme, and still no emails.

I have searched and browsed for answers, with most of my attempts to patch things up being summed up in this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/142163?replies=12#post-669263

So in summary, I have:

– removed “228 $phpmailer->Sender = apply_filters( ‘wp_mail_from’, $from_email );” from pluggable.php
    – made sure I have both wordpress@domain.com and admin-user@domain.com
    – installed the Comments Notifier pluggin
    – made sure that the general notification check box is ticked so I receive it for all comments

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
  • Alex Cragg

(@epicalex)

I think this is possibly the problem you are having, but this ticket seems to be more about the approved notification than a moderation notification, so sorry if this isn’t right:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6892

vicomtesse

(@vicomtesse)

I can confirm this issue on a fresh install of WordPress 2.5.1. I thought it might be a problem with my plugins or layout or installation, but it still persists on a literally brand new install, out of the box, with no modifications whatsoever. I’ve tried everything proposed in BIGsheep’s first post… and nothing works. Surely it must be a problem with WP 2.5?

hanlie

(@hanlie)

I was receiving notifications for most my comments up until two days ago. Suddenly nothing! I upgraded to 2.5.1 more than a week ago. This is very frustrating for me!

My problem is similar.

When a person send me a message by the contact forms on my site, i receive nothing… no email !
    When this person has validate his message, the confirmation is done, so the process is good… but I receive nothing…

The upgrades to latest version of cforms does not fix problem and upgrade to WP 2.5.1 does not fix too.

windrago

(@windrago)

same thing here – Is any fix available??

Ronald73

(@ronald73)

and same for me. No e-mails since a few days.

I try to search any help on cforms forum with no success.

If anybody find information about this problem, say it here… and how fix it too !

henri

(@riri23)

same as me since yesterday no more notification, any ideas?

henri

(@riri23)

find the email in the gmail spam folder…

earobinson

(@earobinson)

Wow riri23 was correct I feel really dumb 🙁

In my case, no e-mail in my spam folder, the problem is always open for me.

abracadabra13

(@abracadabra13)

ive been having the same problem since upgrading to 2.5 🙁

no comment email notifications….

vicomtesse

(@vicomtesse)

Nothing in my spam folder either. This is pretty frustrating!

Zazen

(@zazen)

At least I’m not the only one. I’ve found that comment notification breaks/is resolved about every other update.

Dalton Rooney

(@daltonrooney)

I’m having the same problem. WP 2.5.1.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 113 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 No longer sending comment email notification’ is closed to new replies.