WordPress.org

Forums

2.5 No longer sending comment email notification (114 posts)

1. BIGsheep
    Posted 7 years ago #

Basically, I am no longer receiving the email notifcation when anyone leaves an email on my blog.

I setup my blog last year with Word Press 2.1 (or .2, I forget) and everything was fine; I was using the default Theme and emails were being received regularly.

About a month ago I changed my Theme to Dipdolt V1 and upgraded to 2.3. Since then, nothing.

With the release of 2.5 I upgraded again, keeping the same Theme, and still no emails.

I have searched and browsed for answers, with most of my attempts to patch things up being summed up in this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/142163?replies=12#post-669263

So in summary, I have:

- removed "228 $phpmailer->Sender = apply_filters( 'wp_mail_from', $from_email );" from pluggable.php
    - made sure I have both wordpress@domain.com and admin-user@domain.com
    - installed the Comments Notifier pluggin
    - made sure that the general notification check box is ticked so I receive it for all comments

Does anyone else have any ideas?

2. nigma
    Posted 7 years ago #

I'm having this same issue.

3. elfreakz
    Posted 7 years ago #

i have this problem too with 2.5. suddently there's no more email notification upon comment. nobody seem to solve the problem yet :(

4. kristanlh
    Posted 7 years ago #

Same problem, same sad face.

5. earobinson
    Posted 7 years ago #

any word if this is a bug or not?

6. elfreakz
    Posted 7 years ago #

weird.. just now i install the old WP 2.3 to my hosting. and try the comment email notification. it didnt work aswell.

it was ok before.. not sure if this is hosting problem or WP problem. very less people have this problem, it shouldnt be WP right? any idea?

7. earobinson
    Posted 7 years ago #

hum the contact part still works (http://www.earobinson.org/contact/) just no email notification

8. kellempxt
    Posted 7 years ago #

still the same and i'm not a php expert or anything so i have no idea what gives.

if i were to click on forgot password, wp will reset my password and states that it has sent me an email.

but i never recieved any notifications whatsoever. thus will be locked out.

on a fresh install, comments are also not sent out even when i choose to moderate all comments.

i've recently installed the plugin for cforms, and apparently when i submit a message, the email address i used will receive a notification.

but my admin address does not receive any notification.

its frustrating because i have no idea where the error is coming from or what i did not set up correctly.

i am using google hosted if that makes any difference.

9. phollaio
    Posted 6 years ago #

same thing here :s

10. elfreakz
    Posted 6 years ago #

did 2.5.1 fix this problem? i havent upgrade mine.. still on 2.5

11. Vangel
    Posted 6 years ago #

Nope, 2.5.1 has the same problem :(

12. elfreakz
    Posted 6 years ago #

i do hope someone will fix it... its like i regret updating it. kinda annoying i have to manually login to my dashboard to check if there is incoming comment or not.

13. bltst2
    Posted 6 years ago #

I am having the same problem. The interesting thing is that posts that are commented on prior to the 2.5 upgrade send out the emails.

So, in my opinion, this is a 2.5x only issue. Has in WP development/bug tracking been notified.

14. kristanlh
    Posted 6 years ago #

UPDATE: I realized it's only happening for me with one commenter so far... I get notifications for everyone else.

15. capitanjan
    Posted 6 years ago #

Same here. No comments notification. I get notified of the Database Backups though....hmmm

16. nickrita
    Posted 6 years ago #

You don't get a comment-notification if you comment to yourself. Have you tried it with another person commenting your posts?

17. Alex Cragg
    Posted 6 years ago #

I think this is possibly the problem you are having, but this ticket seems to be more about the approved notification than a moderation notification, so sorry if this isn't right:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6892

18. vicomtesse
    Posted 6 years ago #

I can confirm this issue on a fresh install of WordPress 2.5.1. I thought it might be a problem with my plugins or layout or installation, but it still persists on a literally brand new install, out of the box, with no modifications whatsoever. I've tried everything proposed in BIGsheep's first post... and nothing works. Surely it must be a problem with WP 2.5?

19. hanlie
    Posted 6 years ago #

I was receiving notifications for most my comments up until two days ago. Suddenly nothing! I upgraded to 2.5.1 more than a week ago. This is very frustrating for me!

20. Benoît Catherineau
    Posted 6 years ago #

My problem is similar.

When a person send me a message by the contact forms on my site, i receive nothing... no email !
    When this person has validate his message, the confirmation is done, so the process is good... but I receive nothing...

The upgrades to latest version of cforms does not fix problem and upgrade to WP 2.5.1 does not fix too.

21. windrago
    Posted 6 years ago #

same thing here - Is any fix available??

22. Ronald73
    Posted 6 years ago #

and same for me. No e-mails since a few days.

23. Benoît Catherineau
    Posted 6 years ago #

I try to search any help on cforms forum with no success.

If anybody find information about this problem, say it here... and how fix it too !

24. henri
    Posted 6 years ago #

same as me since yesterday no more notification, any ideas?

25. henri
    Posted 6 years ago #

find the email in the gmail spam folder...

26. earobinson
    Posted 6 years ago #

Wow riri23 was correct I feel really dumb :(

27. Benoît Catherineau
    Posted 6 years ago #

In my case, no e-mail in my spam folder, the problem is always open for me.

28. abracadabra13
    Posted 6 years ago #

ive been having the same problem since upgrading to 2.5 :(

no comment email notifications....

29. vicomtesse
    Posted 6 years ago #

Nothing in my spam folder either. This is pretty frustrating!

30. Zazen
    Posted 6 years ago #

At least I'm not the only one. I've found that comment notification breaks/is resolved about every other update.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic