WordPress.org

Support

Support » Requests and Feedback » 2.5 media uploader… A HUGE BUG

2.5 media uploader… A HUGE BUG

• As stated here and here and a lot of other topics the new media uploader means a bunch of problems to solve if you are not lucky during installation.

1 >> This should be urgently fixed by testing the media uploader in different types of servers, browsers and configurations.

Also:

2 >> if I’m using a big layout on my blog, why will WP limit all images to 500px max width, and especially why does a user have to search the forum to find out he has to manually change WP files to set a new max width? This should really be a dashboard function.

3 >> When posting full size images why does the image still link to a new page that shows the exact same image? This should also be a media uploader function (weather or not the image links to new page/tab)

4 >> When uploading media you have to always check if you prefer thumbnail, medium or full size. There should really be an option so the uploader remembers user preferred image size.

I really hope the media uploader is quickly improved, flash per si adds nothing but a bunch of compatibility, safety and code issues.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 3 >> Actually you define if and which link the image will have via media uploader. My bad.

The media uploader or the way media is handled in 2.5 confuses me. Now when I upload an image (which I originally had set to max of 450 pixels), my options are “Thumbnail”, “Medium”, and “Full”. But when I click on “thumbnail” it literally gives me the original image scaled down to 450 pixels wide… meaning if the original image is very large then my quote/unquote thumbnail isn’t a separate file at all, but the actual image and it’ll load just as long as it would if I looked at the full-sized image. Does this make sense?

The prior version created two images for me a thumbnail and a full image. Is this how it is supposed to work – like I said I’m totally confused and now (until I can find an answer) I have to create two images to upload to the site.

Other than that I’ve enjoyed version 2.5.

I agree, media uploader is dreadful!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.5 media uploader… A HUGE BUG’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar