WordPress.org

Forums

Advanced Access Manager
[resolved] 2.5 Beta adding Capability of Level 10 deleted role (8 posts)

1. harpo1984
    Posted 1 year ago #

When creating a custom role or editing an existing role using the 2.5 Beta, by allowing Level 10 as a capability, I get the following error:

You are not allowed to manager current view

The user role is also automatically deleted and no longer accessible.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-access-manager/

2. WP AAM
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi harpo1984,
    Check this topic http://wordpress.org/support/topic/administrator-role-not-showing?replies=5
    Follow us on twitter. This is our channel for news and announcements.

Regards,
    Vasyl

3. harpo1984
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Vasyl,

I tried your suggestion, but it has not worked.

I have attached a screenshot in case I have entered the wrong code in Config Press.

Screenshot

Just to be clear, when I create a new role or edit any existing role and give that role Level 10 capabilities, I get the error:

"You are not allowed to manager current view"

When I refresh the page, the role I just edited is deleted, whether it be a new role or an existing default WordPress role.

Kind regards,

Simon

4. WP AAM
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Simon,
    Is your admin has ID 2? It is possible just mostly admin has ID 1 because it is the first user that is created by WordPress installation process.
    The user that you are using does not have capability Level 10. That is why each time you create any role with Level 10, it is higher than yours. This is the reason why it behaves this way.

Regards,
    Vasyl

5. harpo1984
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Vasyl,

My ID is 2. I change all initial IDs from 1 in a WordPress installation for security reasons.

If my code is correct in the config press, why does the Administrator role not become available in the roles list and therefore the "inherit capabilities" when I try to add a new user role.

Kind regards,

Simon

6. WP AAM
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Simon,
    Most likely your Administrator Role does not have Level 10. Can you confirm this?

And this should work. Check this tutorial: http://wpaam.com/tutorials/aam-super-admin/

Regards,
    Vasyl

7. harpo1984
    Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Vasyl,

My access level is 10. Please see the screen link below.

Screen

The tutorial gives the same instructions instructions that you sent in another topic thread earlier in this conversation.

I have followed those instructions and my user access level is 10 and the Administrator role is still not appearing.

Kind regards,

Simon

8. WP AAM
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Hi Simon,
    The screen shot that you attached does not show the correct Level. You have to check the wp_user_roles property in wp_options table. It has serialized array of all capabilities.
    This is where you have to verify that your Role has Level 10.

Regards,
    Vasyl

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• Advanced Access Manager
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic