• It seems to me that the there is a problem with 7 days and 30 days.

The figures for 24 hours are OK. But it seems that 7 days and 30 days are not showing the correct figures. A post that have 250-300 visit per day (24 hours) and should show 1.750 – 2.100 only shows 1.200.

It is the same result for other post.

What can be the problem?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-popular-posts/

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Plugin Author Hector Cabrera

(@hcabrera)

Alright, as promised, please download WPP 3.0.4 Beta from the Releases page at Github.

There’s only one change compared to WPP 3.0.3, so internally the Beta version will still report itself as 3.0.3 once you install it.

Try it for a day and a half, and then compare the difference between GA and WPP statistics. The reason for this is that WPP reports the statistics right away, while GA generally takes a few hours to update the views count.

Also, make sure you set Log views from to Everyone via Settings > WordPress Popular Posts > Tools.

Plugin Author Hector Cabrera

(@hcabrera)

Just posted a new revision, made a mistake on the previous beta version: https://github.com/cabrerahector/wordpress-popular-posts/releases

Since updating to the latest plugin version, I don’t think my “all time” stats are updating. Post views would normally go up fairly steadily, but now they don’t budge at all.

Any ideas? Is this a similar issue that’s been reported?

using WP 3.9.1

(@hcabrera)

@theriz well, can’t tell without further info from you. Are you using a caching plugin? If so, did you clear its cache after upgrading?

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

Hi Héctor

Have no done the upgrade to WPP 3.0.4 Beta 2.
    I will get back to you within the next couple of days with the result.

Thanks for your support

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

The beta version – WPP 3.0.4 Beta 2 – has been running a week now.

All numbers (30 days and all time – I am not sure about 7 days) are increasing. The above post have gone (30 days figures) up from 3.000 to over 4.400 now. All other post have increased the same amount (%). So that is good.

I am not sure if the problem has been fixed

(@hcabrera)

That sounds like an improvement, so it’s a good thing! I’ll wait a bit longer before publishing a new release, though. Want to make sure everything’s working as expected.

Thanks for the report!

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

Hi Victor

Done some more test.

The numbers have increased with the beta version – but have stopped now.

GA shows 2.412 and WPP shows 1.178 (same period) for the above post.
    It is the same problem for all post.

There is still something wrong that need to be fixed.

I have the same problem

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

The WPP 3.0.4 Beta 2 did not fix the problem.

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

WPP 3.0.4 Beta 2 has now stopped working correctly. The only thing that is working is 24 hours and all time. 7 days and 30 days not.

30 days no shows only some few views on the most popular post.

(@hcabrera)

It’s working for me (on localhost, at least). Try upgrading to the latest beta available (WPP 3.4.4 Beta 3, at the time of writing this).

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

Done that. No improvement.

I will be happy to provide you with screen-shots so that you can see the whole problem.

Thread Starter TRDK29

(@trdk29)

Have no deleted all files related to the plugin and installed a complete new version of the plugin – 3.04 Beta 3.

Have not imported the old stats (tables) – so I am starting on 0 again. It seems that the whole migration from the older versions to the new is causing the severe problems.

(@hcabrera)

Have not imported the old stats (tables) – so I am starting on 0 again

Let me know how it goes. Also, I think you mentioned before you were using a caching plugin as well, so make sure you clear its cache after reinstalling the plugin. Just in case.

It seems that the whole migration from the older versions to the new is causing the severe problems.

If that would be the case then the forum would be filled with complaints from other people too, don’t you think? Fortunately for me, that’s not the case.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘24 hours are correct but 7 days, 30 days are not’ is closed to new replies.