2.3.2 stopped letting me add categories
WordPress 2.3.2 was working fine but has stopped letting me add categories. There are no error messages; it just doesn’t do anything when I try to add categories.
Things I’ve tried:
- Using different browsers (IE 7.0.5730.13, Firefox 22.214.171.124, Opera 9.25); also clearing the cache in each of these and trying again
- Checking my permissions
- Deactivating all plugins
- Trying different themes
- The two different ways of adding categories: Adding a category in the right column of the “Write a Post” page or going to Manage > Categories > add new. I’ll enter a new category and click and then … nothing.
- Checking my computer for viruses, trojans, etc.; no problems
- Accessing my site via the non-www version (i.e., dropsofblood.com instead of http://www.dropsofblood.com)
Basic info: I run Windows XP and WordPress 2.3.2. I don’t have other users on my blog, and I’m the admin. My blog is http://www.dropsofblood.com.
Theme for this blog is Dark Ritual 1.0 by Viktor Persson / Sreejith R.
My three blogs are all hosted at addr.com. I don’t think it’s a problem with their server, since I have two other WordPress blogs hosted there (both are also WP version 2.3.2) and categories work fine on them.
I’m not a computer expert by ANY means (don’t understand php, for example), but I can follow instructions; any suggestions on how to fix this categories problem? Thanks for any feedback.
I’m hoping I don’t need to try re-installing 2.3.2 — that’s all I can think of that I haven’t tried so far.
- The topic ‘2.3.2 stopped letting me add categories’ is closed to new replies.