WordPress.org

Forums

[resolved] 2.3.1 Log-in problems (6 posts)

1. geekus
    Posted 7 years ago #

Throughout the whole setting up stage there are errors that show up on top in every page I came across.

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/seanzky.com/wp-config.php:1) in /home/www/seanzky.com/wp-login.php on line 12

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/seanzky.com/wp-config.php:1) in /home/www/seanzky.com/wp-login.php on line 24"

When I did finish setting up and I tried to log in (with the error still up on top), I get the "ERROR: WordPress requires Cookies but your browser does not support them or they are blocked." inside the log-in box.

The cookies are on and there seems to be no problem on the server side (host), our firewall, etc. Can someone help me with this please? I already searched and read and tried the patch and editing certain php files, etc. None worked for me. I should also mention that other versions gave me the same results. I'm wondering what the problem could be.

2. Jeremy Clark
    Posted 7 years ago #

Check your wp-config.php file for any white space before the opening <?php tag if there is any delete this. Also you should use just a plain text editor, like notepad for editing files like this.

3. geekus
    Posted 7 years ago #

I do use Notepad and there aren't any white spaces trailing before or after the tags. This was one of the first solutions I came across when I was searching and tried. Didn't work. :(

I should also mention that the errors don't show up only when I'm on the main page (index.php).

4. geekus
    Posted 7 years ago #

Also, I get the following error when going to 'www.seanzky.com':

"Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/seanzky.com/wp-config.php:1) in /home/www/seanzky.com/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 391"

When going to 'seanzky.com', I get the normal WP page with no errors.

5. geekus
    Posted 7 years ago #

I fixed it! :)

The problem was that I saved the config.php in UTF-8 format.

Thanks anyways, Jeremy!

6. moshu
    Posted 7 years ago #

Just for future reference: saving the wp-config.php file in utf-8 format - in itself should never cause any problems! And it does not on any of the dozens (hundreds?) of blogs that I have installed.

However, saving the file with an editor that puts BOM when saving it as utf-8 - can cause problems...

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic