Support » Plugin: Testimonials Widget » 2.3.0 No longer using HTML styles from testimonial.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Plugin Author Michael Cannon

(@comprock)

ihassard,

Looks like you’ve moved from a pre-2.0 version of Testimonials Widget to 2.3.0. In the 2.0 transition, the HTML was simplified.

If you add , .testimonialswidget_testimonial q to line 339 of your theme’s style.css file you should be fine.

Michael

Michael,

I tried that fix but it did not fix the issue. I followed your instructions quite literally. Not very familiar with style sheets.

blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote { .testimonialswidget_testimonial q;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0 0 0 35px;
    font-size: 1.333333333333333em; /* 16 / 12 = 1.333333333333333 */
    font-family: ‘Abel’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
    color: #aaa;
    background: url(images/quote.png) no-repeat 0 4px;
    }

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Best,
    Ian

Plugin Author Michael Cannon

(@comprock)

Ian,

Make blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote { .testimonialswidget_testimonial q; look like blockquote, blockquote blockquote blockquote, .testimonialswidget_testimonial q {.

Michael

I haven’t tried the fix you suggested, but I’m having the same problem and it’s definitely not because I was using a pre-2.0 version. My first installation of this plugin was 2.2.9 and I could put html tags in the body of the testimonial. Ever since you worked on the “Read more” link, I can’t do this anymore. Could the two be connected? Do I need the premium version?

Michael,

Woke up this morning and modified the style.css file as you suggested. Worked like a charm. Thank you!

Best,
    Ian

(@comprock)

@claudio_artisan Are you still having trouble?

At this point, the premium version only includes caching and read more linking.

Yes, I haven’t tried anything else until I heard from you. I just started using this probably a day or so before you upgraded the code for the “Read more” feature. Before that my embedded links, bold text, and shortcodes would display. Now short codes are ignored as well as no links or other html markups.

(@comprock)

Got url? Are you sure the Testimonials Widget plugin is installed?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2.3.0 No longer using HTML styles from testimonial.’ is closed to new replies.