Support » Fixing WordPress » 2.3 Dashboard Empty

• Upgraded to 2.3, all went well.

When I go to my Dashboard area sometimes it is empty. Other times it is not. Anyone else having this issue?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • bump

Did you delete the files before you uploaded the new ones?
    Keep in mind you need to remember or keep some stuff like plugins or themes.

I just did a clean install and it fixed all sorts of stuff. If you have been running said blog for a while, You need to do this.

hope that helps.
    Nigel

hmm, no I just overwrote….

will try the delete and install…

thanks

**update**

Just deleted and reinstalled clean and the issue is still there…. hmmm…

plugins next.. NOPE deactivated them all and issue is still there.

Any ideas?

bump, anyone have any additional ideas?

Still trying to figure it out. It’s happening to me because of a weird setup from a plugin but turning off the plugins doesn’t fix it.

Best clue so far is that it usually works when you first log in because it loads /wp-admin/, which loads /wp-admin/index.php.

but for some reason the menu at the top doesn’t link to /wp-admin/ or /wp-admin/index.php, instead it links to admin.php?page=index.php , which loads the empty page. Super weird

I’m having this same issue – in the Admin console, the “Dashboard” tab links to admin.php?page=index.php, which in my case loads the home page of my blog into the Dashboard.

I’m off to do more research, but any suggestions are welcome.

p.s. I also have done a clean upgrade and deactivated all plugins with no luck to this point.

I remember reading where an index.php living inside your plugins directory caused that behaviour, rickmahn. See if thats the case for you.

I was having this same problem with 2.33 and 2.5.

I followed the suggestion of honeycomb above, and deleted the index.php under wp-content/plugins and now I don’t have the problem any more.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘2.3 Dashboard Empty’ is closed to new replies.