• I’ve been using the “Postcards from the Edge” theme from Alex King (you can see it here: http://alexking.org/projects/wordpress/theme_browser.php). I just upgraded my WordPress site to the latest version and now the theme no longer works. When I go to my admin section, presentation area to see the available themes, it now is only listed at the bottom under “broken themes” and says “template is missing”. I had not made any changes to any of the theme files when I did the upgrade, so I know everything is there, including the index.php file. I even tried re-uploading all the files from scratch but that didn’t fix the problem. Apparently this theme was only optimized for earlier versions… but I love it and really want to keep using it.

Does anyone know what changes if any I can make to this themes files in order to get it working with the newer version of WordPress? I tried asking the themes author for help but he can’t be bothered unless I pay a consultation fee. Uh sorry, that ain’t gonna happen (this was made available as a free theme). Any help on this would be much appreciated, I really want to save this lovely theme! Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • that theme was written for wordpress 1.5

as for the changes you need to make — you can look at the two themes included with the version of WP you currently have installed to see what needs to be changed.

that theme was written for wordpress 1.5

as for the changes you need to make — you can look at the two themes included with the version of WP you currently have installed to see what needs to be changed.

i remember that previous_post and next_post type of template tags needed to be changed in many themes during one of the upgrades

but that’s not a missing template, so i’m not sure.

maybe you can write the list of the templates this theme has? index, category, search, archives, single post, etc.?

03/25/2005  08:09 PM             5,399 comments-popup.php
    03/25/2005  08:09 PM             3,140 comments.php
    03/25/2005  08:09 PM               510 footer.php
    03/25/2005  08:09 PM             1,385 header.php
    03/26/2005  02:08 PM    <DIR>          images
    03/25/2005  08:09 PM             1,219 index.php
    03/26/2005  02:10 PM             2,268 sidebar.php
    03/26/2005  02:09 PM             6,703 style.css

.. only because I happen to have the files handy.

I looked around in the Template Hierarchy, didn’t see any mention of a required template other than header.php and index.php. So I’m not sure, but maybe the Codex can help you somehow
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Hierarchy

Check the top of the stylesheet. If there is a line
    Template: something
    – DELETE it! It should work.

Thread Starter anathema23

(@anathema23)

“Check the top of the stylesheet. If there is a line
    Template: something
    – DELETE it! It should work.”

YES! It now works!

Thanks so much Moshu!
    (thanks everyone else for your suggestions as well)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘2.2.1 upgrade broke my theme, can it be fixed?’ is closed to new replies.