• Resolved SuperCougar

(@supercougar)

Hi,

I have recently updated Custom Login from version 1.1.4 to 2.0.2 and then 2.0.5 and then 2.0.6.

I am very disappointed:

1 – I lost all my settings. Fortunately, I had a backup but I had to redo everything manually… and I have many blogs.

This didn’t happen with previous versions. All custom settings were kept after updates. This is not very nice, users should be warned.

2 – The default login page (including the WordPress Logo) shows for a split second, and sometimes longer, before custom CSS are loaded. This is unaesthetic and a bit confusing for users. This didn’t happen before either.

3 – After saving settings, custom CSS are now minified, which is not convenient at all if you have to work on your CSS later. This forces me to save a “non-minified” version in a text file before.

4 – I now have a “| Dismiss notice” warning message I can’t get rid of. Clicking on it doesn’t make it disappear. Furthermore, there is no text before “| Dismiss notice” which should be “Something | Dismiss notice”.

I have just updated for 2.0.6 and the “Dismiss notice” is still there!

How can I remove it?

Normally, updates are made for improvements but for now I only notice shortcomings with this new version. Custom Login is a plugin I really appreciated and everything was OK for me before these updates.

Why is it now necessary to add an extension to make your plugin work as it worked before?

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-login/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Austin

(@austyfrosty)

1. Did you run the update script? Because that brings over the old settings.

2. I am going to fix that in the next version.

3. The custom CSS auto breaks next lines as per WordPress’ data sanitization of esc_textarea This is not something I can control unless you want a unsafe textarea. (if I find another way to ignore line breaks with the same safety I will gladly implement it.)

4. That should also be addressed in the next version, again sorry for the issue.

Everything about the 2.0 upgrade is improved. It was a big overhaul and a few bugs remain. I thank you for reporting them so I can make the next version better.

On adding extensions, it doesn’t make the plugin work because the plugin already works. They are simply “extensions” to add additional functionality to the plugin.

Thread Starter SuperCougar

(@supercougar)

Hi Austin,

Thank you for answering.

I’ll wait for next update for fixes.

I don’t know what you mean by “Did you run the update script?”. I just updated this plugin the usual way.

As for line breaks which are now automatically suppressed by WordPress in the custom CSS… too bad. I will work in a text file and then copy and paste.

Plugin Author Austin

(@austyfrosty)

New update was pushed last night. There should be a notice in the top of the page which says something like “Custom Login needs to be updated, please click here”. That will update the old settings into the new setting so nothing is lost.

I also fixed the line break issue.

Thread Starter SuperCougar

(@supercougar)

Hi Austin,

Thank you!

All problems are fixed now and Custom Login works like a charm.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.6 problems (Custom settings lost – Default login showing – Dismiss Notice…)’ is closed to new replies.