• Hi all,

I’m having trouble importing my posts from Blogger into WordPress (2.0.3). I’ve successfully imported posts from this blog to my local machine (running an older version of WordPress). I’ve got 2.0.3 running on my web host. After I’ve logged into my Blogger account from within the WordPress importer window, then selected the title of the blog, it “crashes” at blog-publishing. With…

Error on form submission. Retry or reset the importer.

Followed by some undecipherable code:

Array ( [code] => 200 [header] => Array ( [Date] => Sat, 01 Jul 2006 05:22:48 GMT [Server] => Apache [Set-Cookie] => ServerID=1288; Domain=.blogger.com; Path=/ PyraID2=; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:10 GMT I=; Domain=www.blogger.com; Expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:10 GMT

The rest of the page looks like an unformatted 'Dashboard' page in Blogger.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • I see TWO separate bugs here.

FIRST BUG

First, the long listing showing essentially the Blogger.com login screen.

User fix: I was able to successfully “fix” this “bug” by ensuring that I was signed out of blogger.com, deleteing the cookie.

Proposed programming fix:
    Sign in, then sign out, then sign back in, ensuring that a new cookie is issued.

SECOND BUG

I too received the following message:

malformedYour Blogger blog did not take the new template or did not respond.

User Fix: I changed the publication from my ftp site, to Blogspot and ensured that the selected NAME.blogspot.com was available. After that, I no longer received the error.

Programming fix: Unsure.

I got the “malformed” message too, then switched to blogspot and it was finally fixed (after a few straight days of brow-furrowing). I got this message after it all went through:

“Congratulations!

Now that you have imported your Blogger blog into WordPress, what are you going to do? Here are some suggestions:

* That was hard work! Take a break.”

Ha ha! That’s funny except IT ACTUALLY WAS HARD WORK

Viewing 2 replies - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0.3 & Blogger import’ is closed to new replies.