• Phil Huhn

(@philhuhn)

I’m using the 2022 theme. I’m an experienced WordPress developer.

The site menu is displaying OK on the Home page. The Home page uses large header format. All other pages use a small header and the dropdowns doesn’t extend outside of the header.

When I developed the site, it was working fine. I noticed the problem for the first time today.

Site is [ redundant link removed ]

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hi @philhuhn please be advised that you can get assistance with wordpress.com site here:

https://wordpress.com/support/contact/

They should be able to assist with the issue you are having.

However, I will try to help you narrow down the issue. I’m unable to replicate this issue with my site. Is there anything you might have changed that you think might have led to this issue?

The Home page uses large header format. All other pages use a small header and the dropdowns doesn’t extend outside of the header

I am not quite sure what you mean by large and small header format. Are you able to provide more information about the difference between the two?

If you try to add the header on the homepage to the other affected pages does the issue persist?

Thread Starter Phil Huhn

(@philhuhn)

Unfortunately, I’m using the free option, because we are developing a non-profit (and have no money). That means, I don’t have the basic options that one would normally have. I can’t event add custom CSS, which I would normally have done. WordPress.com also automatically updates things. So, I have no idea what they are changing.

Per large and small headers: 2022 uses templates, this is referring to template parts. The small header is template part ‘header”. The large header is the template part ‘header (large dark)’ and is used only on the Home page (cover header).

The dropdowns in the large header do not extend beyond the header. To say that differently, the dropdown in the large header are contained within the header. So, the dropdowns are clipped in the small header when they extend to the body of the page.

The actual menu is a single ‘default’ menu, that are consumed in both headers.

Thread Starter Phil Huhn

(@philhuhn)

The support is for paid websites.

Hi there @philhuhn

The support is for paid websites.

All WordPress.com users can get help in the WordPress.com forums – and I see you’ve already posted there.

Since WordPress.com uses a different version of the themes available via WordPress.org, that is the best spot to get help.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2022 theme menu dropdown clipped, z-index issue’ is closed to new replies.