Support » Installing WordPress » 2.02-2.03 ‘open_basedir’ Upgrade Problem

  • I upgraded from 2.02 to 2.03 by deleting and replacing the appropriate files via FTP and then went to upgrade.php and did that and things seemed to go OK. When it redirected me to my homepage though the page displayed, but there was no style. In the Admin Section there was no style either.

    I thought that was weird and read about it and realized I didn’t turn the plugins off when I did the install. So I turned off and re-activated my plugins and things and then changed themes to see if that would do anything and shortly thereafter everything started working normally. I figured it just took a while for all the changes to take place or something.

    But about 15 minutes later the site stopped displaying altogether in the / directory (which I have as different than /wordpress) it gives an open_basedir error:
    http://www.d17268.hosting.web.com/

    The /wordpress/index.php displays the site without style after some delay:
    http://www.d17268.hosting.web.com/wordpress/index.php

    And the /wordpress/wp-admin/index.php gives a page cannot be found error even though the file exists:
    http://www.d17268.hosting.web.com/wordpress/wp-admin/index.php

    I tried reinstalling the /wp-includes & /wp-admin & the misc files in / per the instructions and did the upgrade.php thing again and that didn’t help. I cleared wp-content/cache and that didn’t help. And I made sure the PHP settings on the server haven’t been changed.

    I’ve been trying random things and I’m out of ideas on what to do.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • It’s usually not a good idea to keep your phpinfo file in your public space, for security reasons.

    Your stylesheet link is coming up as freerangerobots.org/wordpress/wp-content/themes/blix/style.css

    freerangerobots.org gets redirected to your myspace page.

    Regarding the other issues, are you sure you’ve got the path to wp-blog-header.php correct. If so, have you set the permissions correctly?

    Thanks! I think I’ve got everything working now.

    I was redirecting freerangerobots.org to myspace while I was trying to get it to work so that’s why the stylesheet wasn’t working. I changed it back and the admin panel started working (I don’t really understand how that worked), and then I redid the steps to change the directory from WordPress and everything started working, so I must have had a path wrong.

    It was working for a bit there, but now I’m getting ‘Server Not found’ errors at http://freerangerobots.org but not at http://www.d17268.hosting.web.com though they should be the same site…

    Now everything works!

    Thanks for the prompt help.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2.02-2.03 ‘open_basedir’ Upgrade Problem’ is closed to new replies.