Support » Plugin: Name Directory » 2019-03-16 Request option to bulk hide and delete

• Dear Jeroen,

I have a request that hopefully will not violate your principles of simplicity, which I admire in your plugin.

That is, could you add a capability to multi-select directory entries; and then do some bulk actions like delete them?

As an extension to this idea, I would love to be able to bulk “hide” a bunch of entries.

My reason is as follows: I envision keeping my directory up to date. Some entries will expire in the future, ie no longer be valid. So from time to time I will need to (bulk) delete or hide them. The reason to hide rather than delete is that way I would have a record of all entries that I ever entered in the directory, but I would have control over which ones are displayed to the end-user.

Thanks for considering.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter jaykaybee

(@jaykaybee)

PS In case it’s not clear, I am talking about having the directory administrator be able to multi-select and delete or hide entries, not any other end-user…

Plugin Author jeroenpeters1986

(@jeroenpeters1986)

Hey @jaykaybee,

thank you for your suggestion. It’s clear and a good one. I have already tought of a way to add it in a way that it’s not directly visible (with a toggle bulk option). I am going to see how I can implement this.

This way you can either way delete, publish or unpublish in bulk. Publish or unpublish is a way of showing/hiding btw, but I think you have already seen it.

The Published button is already a javascript toggle (so this is just like ticking a checkbox, but with immediate action)

Thanks again for your suggestion!

Kind regards,

Jeroen Peters

Thread Starter jaykaybee

(@jaykaybee)

Thanks Jeroen, I need to go back and look at publish/unpublish, I did not register that distinction. Look forward to see what you come up with on this!

(@jeroenpeters1986)

Thanks!
    The published state of a term in the Name Directory indicates whether the term should be visible on the website 🙂

Thread Starter jaykaybee

(@jaykaybee)

Great, that is exactly what I need for when I want to hide an entry that is no longer valid, but want to keep track of the fact that it was once in the directory. Perfect.

(@jeroenpeters1986)

Very good to hear! The bulk is on my to-do list

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘2019-03-16 Request option to bulk hide and delete’ is closed to new replies.