Support » Everything else WordPress » In the year of 2017: can we edit the “new user” / “welcome email” content?

• Hi all,
    I have searched around the whole evening for a way to edit the content in the emails a new user get. Seems like there are many plugins who can make a nice html template but not modify the content. (some plugin seem to be able but haven’t been updated in 2 years or more).

What seems so stupid is when a plugin is creating a new user account where we add a custom password, then there is an email sent out to welcome the new user… with a password change link. Doh. πŸ™‚

So, if I want to remove this link that is just confusing my users – could someone please show me a SIMPLE way of doing this? πŸ™‚

Appreciate all working suggestions. πŸ™‚
    Pat

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Moderator t-p

(@t-p)

I recommend asking at https://wordpress.org/support/theme/twentyseventeen so the theme’s developers and support community can help you with this. –

Hi t-p,
    Thanks for your fast feedback!

Oh, my topic wasn’t that clear, sorry!
    I meant in this “modern year of 2017”, not the theme twentyseventeen. πŸ™‚

We have the fantastic Customizer, now the “Gutenberg” but still in the year of 2017 we cannot easily change the email content. <BIG SMILE>

But perhaps this question belongs to some other category?
    -Pat

when a plugin is creating a new user account where we add a custom password, then there is an email sent out to welcome the new user… with a password change link. “

That’s a pretty precise description that sounds like it might be added functionality related to features of a specific plugin. You may need to first explore the issue in the context of what that particular plugin capabilities are, and whether or not they are user configurable.

It isn’t quite clear from your description if the plugin is actually responsible for the email content or not. Some more info might be required to point you in the right direction.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.