Support » Fixing WordPress » 2016 Can media files be uploaded using FTP and still access them in library?

• I know this question has been asked some 6 to 8 years ago but I was hoping that maybe there is an answer for the most recent version of WP. I know that “WP All Imports” works great, in fact it is by far one of the best plugins to use for populating your site with products and images at the same time. However there are instances in which FTP is far faster and thus comes the question, Can media files be uploaded using FTP?

Before you answer there is a catch to this question, the media must be recognized by WordPress and show up in the Media Library and be fully accessible! This is the part that does not work for some reason and you would think that someone would have a solution for this, after all we know how slow it can be loading several thousands images into WordPress so FTP is a natural solution.

If you have a solution that actually works and is not an educated guess, please for all to read, post the date of the answer first and then list very specific steps to resolve this. There are far to many cryptic answers floating around on this site and not everyone is a coder.

Thanks for your time.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘2016 Can media files be uploaded using FTP and still access them in library?’ is closed to new replies.