• I am using a 2012 child theme. I am attempting to move the menu bar below the header image. Whenever the menu bar is placed below the image the dropdown function breaks. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Do I need to adjust the css or the header.php?

Here is a link to my site:https://whitegolddesign.com
    Dropdown options should appear below the store and gallery section of the menu.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

WCLDN 2018 Contributor | Volunteer support

Your dropdown menu is working, however it is appearing behind the content below it.

Consider this article on Z-Index.

Thread Starter MrDingle

(@mrdingle)

Is the menu appearing behind the background image? I can not even see the top of the dropdown menu.

No, none of the drop downs are working — if you put a large margin on the #page section (in Firebug) — so there is space for the menus, they are not visible.

Have you tried deactivating plug-ins to see if they are causing the problems?

Do the menus work without the Child Theme?

Had the same problem with my website [ link removed as it’s not pertinent to the discussion ] i removed the slide and it was fixed .

Thread Starter MrDingle

(@mrdingle)

I have made several edits to the header.php. In the earlier versions where the menubar was above the header image the dropdown menu did work. As soon as we moved it below the image the dropdown function stopped working.
    I will try deactivating some plug-ins and see if that helps.

Since you moved it, the CSS for the drop downs may not be correct, so double check on that — look at the position and z-index to start. Be aware that z-index requires a position to be set.

Thread Starter MrDingle

(@mrdingle)

I did deactivate all of my plugins and it did not seem to have any effect on the menu.

Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

Have you tried z-index?

Thread Starter MrDingle

(@mrdingle)

I did try the z-index and that did not make a difference.

Andrew Nevins

(@anevins)

Are you adding styles to the parent theme’s stylesheet?

Thread Starter MrDingle

(@mrdingle)

No, I have only been making changes to the child themes css.

Thread Starter MrDingle

(@mrdingle)

Would it help if I were to post my css and header.php?

cool site, sorry if this is off topic, but is 2012 the next best theme to use? why isn’t it in the wordpress default install?

@sabster — it’s rude to interrupt another person’s thread — start your own if you want help.

@mrdingle — no, all the CSS is visible on the site. What happens if you revert to the parent 2012? Do the menus work?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘2012 header changes’ is closed to new replies.