WordPress.org

Forums

2011 Theme...Header Image clicks back to home page (7 posts)

1. Boulderdan
    Posted 3 years ago #

Hi,

I'm setting up a site in wordpress. Right now, the 2011 theme has a clickable header image that takes you back to the home page. I want to remove this ability. I'd like NOT to have the header image clickable.

Sorry...I'm really new to HTML. I've seen so many description of HOW to make the image clickable and none on how to NOT make it clickable. I just don't want to remove the wrong bits. Again, this is the 2011 Theme.

Dan

2. Jay
    Posted 3 years ago #

Im going to recommend you not do this, but to answer your question. You need to go into appearance -> editor. Then select the header.php file and find this line of code.

<a href="<?php echo esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ); ?>">
    remove it and click update. Again, I will recommend you not do this especially if you are just starting out.

Good luck

3. Boulderdan
    Posted 3 years ago #

I'm a madman and I did it.

Thank you!!! It worked like a charm!!! I made sure to back up my work...keep good records of what I changed...But thank you so much for helping me with a problem that took a whole day of my life yesterday....It also made me look good a work...

I hope to one day return the favor. I also hope I never have to, in the sense that I hope you never have a problem.

Thanks again!!!

Dan

4. Jay
    Posted 3 years ago #

Your welcome. :)

5. John
    Posted 2 years ago #

Jay,

I have the same issue as Boulderdan and I want to know why you recommend against removing the link from the header. Thanks.

6. Jay
    Posted 2 years ago #

Hi John,

Several reasons, but mainly if an update is released and you update, it will erase all of your changes.

7. John
    Posted 2 years ago #

Thank you, Jay.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic