• Resolved audept1

(@audept1)

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been covered… other modern themes are fine, however I have a customer that is set on the wordpress 2011 theme…and withe the classic editor the Tiny-MCE are not being realized and with “Disable the visual editor when writing” is un-checked the title bar entry is fine, however the editor can not be accessed can not be I have gone through tests and I strongly believe that there is in-compatibility between 2011 and the classic editor as other themes are fine at the site with the classic editor.

My older friend likes the look and feel to be simple.

Is there a fix for the 2011 theme or the classic editor on the way..?.. or should I bite the bullet and upgrade to something different theme.?.

Thanks…any help appreciated…

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

This may be a plugin or theme conflict. Please attempt to disable all plugins, and switch to the default Twenty Nineteen theme. If the problem goes away, enable them one by one to identify the source of the problem.

If you can install plugins, install Health Check. On the troubleshooting tab, you can click the button to disable all plugins and change the theme for you, while you’re still logged in, without affecting normal visitors to your site.

Thread Starter audept1

(@audept1)

Ok,

The results are that I installed 2011 on a separate site…the editor worked fine there…

I installed Health check on the main production site, disabled all plugins, switched to the 2019 theme and had the same editor issue…as before…

So now I am stumped…?..this is not a theme problem…

Is there a Database setting (Rich Text) that I can set … I have full access to sql to make changes…any other recommendations?

Thread Starter audept1

(@audept1)

This is in my wp-options table for the health check as an fyi..?..

a:2:{i:0;s:7:”warning”;s:7:”warning”;a:1:{s:6:”backup”;s:4:”seen”;}}

Thread Starter audept1

(@audept1)

We are back in business, thanks James for your advice and time…

What I did for the site that dates to 2012…

Edited out old wp-options from the database, especially for decommisioned plugins.

Reviewed edited the wp-config.php – compared to a good working site
    Did not seem to immediately help

Adusted the .htaccess – compared to a working site…
    Did not immediately help

There was an old .htaccess in includes that was also edited
    Did not immediately help

What finally seemed to work – Included the above in case the below was just effect…
    Enabled the visual editor from edit my profile.
    Went to posts and selected one a post was ~ 2 weeks old…prior to the upgrade
    The post came in and the tiny-mce buttons were realized.
    Then tried a new post and Voila

Hoping that someone can use this info..?..thanks again for support

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

Ah, interesting, that sounds like caching then. If anyone else runs into that, find out if you are you using any sort of caching plugin, or see a “Clear/Purge Cache” button in your Dashboard or admin bar. If so, please try clearing the cache.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2011 Theme with Classic Editor Migrated to WP 5’ is closed to new replies.