• (sorry the search facility on the forum is bringing up a 404)

I have /wp-content/ set as 755

I created a folder called uploads and set it to 777.

Is this the way it is supposed to be done?

Will I have to do anything to enable the Cache feature (make folders with permissions etc)?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

What version of WordPress are you using?

As far as I know the cache thingy will want to create its onw folders in wp-content so it has to be writable.
    The image uploading in the Write panel will also want to make its own (sub)directories in the wp-content – so I am not sure it will work with the setup you described above.

macmanx, look at the topic title 🙂

Moderator James Huff

(@macmanx)

Volunteer Moderator

Whoops, good catch, Moshu.

Christopher, /wp-content/ needs to be set to 777 (CHMOD 777). Other than that, you can be safe leaving the rest of the directories set to 755 (CHMOD 755).

I’ve been trying to understand this permissions thing. Not really understanding what I read in the Codex about it however. Nowhere can I find a clear list i.e. ; these …should be 7xx and these … should be 6xx e.t.c.

Running 2.0
    I have all my folders at 755
    All files at 644 (except some plugin)

Stuff seems to work although perhaps it is because I’m the admin? Don’t have any other users as yet.

Of special interest is the .htaccess file. Now it seems that it has to be 666 when working on it from the admin panel but what should it be generally. 660 600 or what?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0 permission settings?’ is closed to new replies.