• Resolved flash87

(@flash87)

Sorry, but I don’t see any posts in the forum that seem to fix this.

I have all the minimum requirements satsified with my hosting server. I’ve walked carefully through all the setup steps and believe I have them correct. When I get to step 2, I see the errors below. Some of the tables don’t get created and/or populated. Please help, and thanks!

Second Step

Now we’re going to create the database tables and fill them with some default data.

WordPress database error: [Column ‘meta_key’ is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL]
    CREATE TABLE wp_postmeta ( meta_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment, post_id bigint(20) NOT NULL default ‘0’, meta_key varchar(255) default NULL, meta_value longtext, PRIMARY KEY (meta_id), KEY post_id (post_id), KEY meta_key (meta_key) )

WordPress database error: [Column ‘meta_key’ is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL]
    CREATE TABLE wp_usermeta ( umeta_id bigint(20) NOT NULL auto_increment, user_id bigint(20) NOT NULL default ‘0’, meta_key varchar(255) default NULL, meta_value longtext, PRIMARY KEY (umeta_id), KEY user_id (user_id), KEY meta_key (meta_key) )

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘autoload = ‘no’ WHERE option_name = ‘moderation_keys” at line 1]
    UPDATE wp_options SET autoload = ‘no’ WHERE option_name = ‘moderation_keys’

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘autoload = ‘no’ WHERE option_name = ‘recently_edited” at line 1]
    UPDATE wp_options SET autoload = ‘no’ WHERE option_name = ‘recently_edited’

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘autoload = ‘no’ WHERE option_name = ‘blacklist_keys” at line 1]
    UPDATE wp_options SET autoload = ‘no’ WHERE option_name = ‘blacklist_keys’

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘rel_id, post_id, category_id) VALUES (1, 1, 1)’ at line 1]
    INSERT INTO wp_post2cat (rel_id, post_id, category_id) VALUES (1, 1, 1)

WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘(‘7669c5’), ‘g3000@mac.com’, NOW(), ‘g3000’, ‘admin’)’ at line 1]
    INSERT INTO wp_users (ID, user_login, user_pass, user_email, user_registered, display_name, user_nicename) VALUES ( ‘1’, ‘admin’, MD5(‘7669c5’), ‘g3000@mac.com’, NOW(), ‘g3000’, ‘admin’)

WordPress database error: [Table ‘press.wp_usermeta’ doesn’t exist]
    INSERT INTO wp_usermeta (user_id, meta_key, meta_value) VALUES (2, ‘wp_user_level’, ’10’);

WordPress database error: [Table ‘press.wp_usermeta’ doesn’t exist]
    INSERT INTO wp_usermeta (user_id, meta_key, meta_value) VALUES (2, ‘wp_capabilities’, ‘a:1:{s:13:”administrator”;b:1;}’);

Finished!

Now you can log in with the username “admin” and password “xxxxx”.

Note that password carefully! It is a random password that was generated just for you. If you lose it, you will have to delete the tables from the database yourself, and re-install WordPress. So to review:

Username
    admin
    Password
    ********[password moderated]
    Login address
    wp-login.php

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • If you try a reinstall with a fresh upload of files does the error repeat?
    Does your host have other WP installs running correctly?

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

Thanks for responding.

Yep, I’ve tried three or four repeat installs and get the same errors. Every time I reinstalled I even used a fresh copy of all the files. My host (Verio) shouldn’t be running any other installs. (It’s a virtual private server account, and it’s the first time I’ve ever tried putting a blog here.)

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

Oh, I forgot to post this info, in case it matters:

Verio, FreeBSD
    PHP Version 4.3.1
    Zend Extension
    MySQL Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.24

Please help. I’m going mad reinstalling over and over! Thanks.

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

And here’s the Zend info:
    Zend Engine v1.3.0

Search for “zend” in the forum. Maybe it will help.

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

I updated the Zend optimizer per that thread. Unfortunately, it didn’t help. Still getting the same errors with a fresh install.

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

Can anyone help? Please? I’m begging. =)

I’ve tried everything I’ve seen referenced in the help forums. Thanks.

Have you contacted Verio Support about this? If so, what was their response?

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

They just said that they don’t provide support for the WordPress application, and confirmed that I did indeed have the hosting requirements met as far as PHP and MySQL goes.

Does the blog work? Can you login?
    The database should have 9 tables at install, which are
    _categories
    _comments
    _linkcategories
    _links
    _options
    _post2cat
    _postmeta
    _posts
    _users
    what are you missing?

In wp-config.php there are 4 lines of information you filled out. REMOVE YOUR PASSWORD and then post just that informatio here.

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

Thanks for responding.

Looks like it was unable to create the postmeta table, or populate the other tables. The install technically finishes (after all those syntax and database errors) and even gives me an admin username and password, but it couldn’t populate the right table with those values, so I can’t login. (When I check the database, the users table is empty.) So it doesn’t even recognize the admin username.

Here’s the info from my wp-config.php again:
    define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘wordpress’); // The name of the database
    define(‘DB_USER’, ‘mbank’); // Your MySQL username
    define(‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘******’); // …and password
    define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’); // 99% chance you won’t need to change this value

Does your user have ‘ALL’ priviledges on the database?

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

Yep, I followed these directions from codex in creating the database…

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ”databasename”.* TO “”wordpressusername””@””hostname””
    -> IDENTIFIED BY “”password””;
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
    Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

ALTHOUGH, in my shell I notice that I get syntax errors if I do the quote marks exactly as they in the directions. I have to do it like this for it to take:

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON wordpress.* TO ‘mbank’@’localhost’
    -> IDENTIFIED by ‘********’;
    Query OK, etc. etc.

Can you create the tables that WordPress Dosent manaully and see if that works

Thread Starter flash87

(@flash87)

OK. Should I create them all before installation? Or try it after and it fails?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0 Install: Yet Another DB error.’ is closed to new replies.