WordPress.org

Support

Support » Installation » 2.0 > 2.2, fatal error for upgrade.php

2.0 > 2.2, fatal error for upgrade.php

• ntresour

@ntresour

I’m in the process of upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.2.3. Everything is uploaded and appears to be correct, but, following the upgrade instructions, when I try to access /wp-admin/upgrade.php in the browser, I get this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: wp_cache_init() in /home/ntresour/public_html/blog/wp-settings.php on line 130

Help!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • ntresour

@ntresour

If it’s relevant, here’s a bit more info. (Tell me what else you need to know.)

There is no line 130 in the php file!
    And no text “wp_cache_init()”

So I assume it’s not the actual .php file that’s the problem.

Could this be a permissions problem?

I’m accessing with Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Mac OSX 10.0.10

Chris_K

@handysolo

You might delete and reload that file — or that directory.

Make sure you’re using text/ascii mode for .php files if using FTP.

ntresour

@ntresour

I can try that. The update.php file seems to be OK; it matches the one on my hard drive (I can read it from the server fine).

Might have to wait until tomorrow to reload the entire directory since I’m on a OW satellite link and the upload process is S L O W since it has to go through phone modem.

ntresour

@ntresour

I just reloaded both the upgrade.php and the wp-settings files. No change. Same error.

(The error actually relates to wp-settings file, so I did that one also.)

I must be missing something? I did follow the expanded upgrade instructions to the letter…

Any other ideas?

ntresour

@ntresour

I guess I’m not doing something right here; not giving right or sufficient info or not using correct lingo, etc. since I’m not hearing much help. What does one need to do?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘2.0 > 2.2, fatal error for upgrade.php’ is closed to new replies.