2 WP issues (publish and future posts) (1 post)

1. doubledubs
    Posted 9 years ago #

Maybe this is a support question - I'm not sure. I have 2 issues that are constant irritants and I thought someone here should know what's going on.

1. When I publish a post (or save) it takes a few minutes to actually finish publishing/saving. However, while I'm waiting, if I open the blog within 10 seconds, the changes have taken place. Most of the time, I just quit the editor and move on. However, why does the publish/save take so long to re-load the next page?</li?
    2. Almost everything I publish is future dated. Sometimes I'l lwrite a series of posts and future date the post up to 1 month away. I know that when I publish a post with links, i get immediate pingbacks. I assume other sites I link to also get pinged. Since the post won't be avail for a month, it would be nice if I could not ping external sites until the date of publishing.
    3. Anyway - that's it for me. If anyone has answers to this, let me know. I'm a newbie at WP, but I've tried searching for these topics and didn't find anything out there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic