Title: 2 wordpress sites sharing the same users table
Last modified: August 30, 2016

---

# 2 wordpress sites sharing the same users table

 *  Resolved [gatta2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/gatta2/)
 * (@gatta2)
 * [10 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-wordpress-sites-sharing-the-same-users-table/)
 * Hi, I’ve 2 wordpress sites sharing the same users and user_meta tables and I 
   set up MailChimp User Sync in one of them only to sync to a Mailchimp list. I
   found that if there’s a new user added from the other wordpress site, this new
   user will not be synced to the list. Is there any way to trigger the syncing?
 * [https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-sync/](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-sync/)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

 *  [mother.of.code](https://wordpress.org/support/users/imazed/)
 * (@imazed)
 * The Mother of Code
 * [10 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-wordpress-sites-sharing-the-same-users-table/#post-6706916)
 * Hey gatta2,
 * That’s an interesting setup! Unfortunately, the plugin is set up to hook into
   the WordPress functions that handle changes in users. That means it won’t be 
   able to detect changes made on a different website. I get what you’re trying 
   to do and I’m really sorry that I don’t have a solution ready for you right now
   for the setup that you have, there might be another way to do this. If you would
   go for a multisite enviroment, the plugin would be able to detect changes throughout
   the multisite and the whole thing would be a lot easier.
 * You can find [more information on multisites in the WordPress Codex](http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network).
   Hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let us know!
 *  Thread Starter [gatta2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/gatta2/)
 * (@gatta2)
 * [10 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-wordpress-sites-sharing-the-same-users-table/#post-6706920)
 * Perhaps I can set up a cron job to the following command?
 * wp mailchimp-sync sync-all
 * Then it should be able to sync all users to the Mailchimp list, correct?
 * Thanks for answering.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

 The topic ‘2 wordpress sites sharing the same users table’ is closed to new replies.

 * ![](https://s.w.org/plugins/geopattern-icon/mailchimp-sync_cfeefa.svg)
 * [MC4WP: Mailchimp User Sync](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-sync/)
 * [Frequently Asked Questions](https://wordpress.org/plugins/mailchimp-sync/#faq)
 * [Support Threads](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/mailchimp-sync/)
 * [Active Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/mailchimp-sync/active/)
 * [Unresolved Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/mailchimp-sync/unresolved/)
 * [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/mailchimp-sync/reviews/)

 * 2 replies
 * 2 participants
 * Last reply from: [gatta2](https://wordpress.org/support/users/gatta2/)
 * Last activity: [10 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-wordpress-sites-sharing-the-same-users-table/#post-6706920)
 * Status: resolved