Title: 2 Weird problems
Last modified: October 10, 2018

---

# 2 Weird problems

 *  Resolved [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [8 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/)
 * Hi guys,
 * I’m testing the cache plugin with OpenLiteSpeed before switching our current 
   haproxy/nginx/php-fpm google cloud platform with your ADC/LiteSpeed/WP Plugin
 * I’m facing 2 weird problems with the plugin.
 * 1) Most of our sites are WP networks. I’ve installed the plugin without issues
   and I can see the cache is working, but I keep seeing this message on wp-admin:
   “
   NOTICE: Database login cookie did not match your login cookie. If the login cookie
   was recently changed in the settings, please log out and back in. If not, please
   verify the setting in the Advanced tab. If using OpenLiteSpeed, the server must
   be restarted once for the changes to take effect”
 * If doesn’t matter if I change the cookie name, restart litespeed or logout, I
   keep seeing the same. I also noticed after I uninstalled the plugin and installed
   it back, it now does NOT properly update .htaccess file.
 * 2) Everytime I enable OBJECT CACHE (doesn’t matter how I configure it), I lose
   access the network admin level. I can still reach every site admin on the network,
   but not the network itself. It gives me an error saying I don’t have proper permissions.
   
   I manually delete the object-cache.php file and it works again, instantly.
 * Any ideas what could be causing this?
 * Also, what’s the proper way to get rid of the plugin completely so I can perform
   a real fresh install again.
 * Thanks!

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

 *  Plugin Support [qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * (@qtwrk)
 * [8 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10771564)
 * Hi,
 * Could you please tell us how did you exactly set the multi site ?
 * Are you using OpenLiteSpeed native or with control panel?
 * Best regards,
 *  Plugin Support [qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * (@qtwrk)
 * [8 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10772543)
 * Hi,
 * Just for you info, I tested Question 2 , the object cache , I set it with Redis,
   and network access seems to be fine.
 * or what page(s) you are seeing permission issue ?
 * Best regards
 *  Thread Starter [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [8 years ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10773716)
 * Hi [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/), thanks for your replies.
   
   I’m using native, no control panels. I know there is an option to use Redis but
   I was hoping to use LiteSpeed’s own memcached, LSMCD.
 * My multi-site is setup with subdomains, and the only pages I see the issue are
   the NETWORK level pages. Any site within the network works fine and I can use
   the dashboard without problems (except for the plugins page, that’s gone). The
   network menu is gone and even if I try to hit an network URL directly it doesn’t
   work and give me the error message saying I don’t have enough permissions for
   it.
 * Example:
    [https://site.com/wp-admin](https://site.com/wp-admin) works fine [https://site.com/wp-admin/network/](https://site.com/wp-admin/network/)
   gives me the error “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.”
 * If I remove object-cache.php then [https://site.com/wp-admin/network/](https://site.com/wp-admin/network/)
   works immediatelly.
 * I tested in different sites, same behavior. I tested the original WP’s object
   cache plugin, exact same behavior.
 * I tested another plugin called “powered cache” and they use a different object-
   cache.php file. That plugin works fine, and I can access the network even with
   object cache enabled.
 *  Plugin Support [qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * (@qtwrk)
 * [7 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10782821)
 * Hi,
 * I am still attempting to reproduce the issue.
 * Please confirm:
 * Your OS version , LiteSpeed version (OpenLiteSpeed or Enterprise?) , PHP version?
 * Also please, since you mention you are having this problem with LiteSpeed memcached,
   does it also happens on Redis and/or regular memcached?
 * Best regards,
 *  Thread Starter [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [7 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10790731)
 * [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
    Thanks for your continuous
   help. OS is Centos 7, LiteSpeed Enterprise, PHP 7.1 I tried both memcached and
   redis and I always get the exact same problem.
 * Thanks!
 *  Thread Starter [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [7 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10791040)
 * [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * I’ve done some tests and I’d like to share the results with you, maybe it will
   help us figure this weird problem out.
 * I’ve deployed a fresh new WP install, installed the exact same plugins, using
   the same domain, separate DB. I’ve enabled object-cache and everything works 
   perfectly.
 * When I revert to the existing site, same problem is back.
 * The biggest problem for me is, as you can understand, I can’t simply deploy fresh
   WP installs for existing sites, so I really need to get to the bottom of this
   and figure out what’s causing the problem so I can fix it. That will allow me
   to move existing sites to litespeed and install the cache plugin on them.
 * Any ideas?
 *  Plugin Support [qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * (@qtwrk)
 * [7 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10792452)
 * Hi,
 * Could you please try disable other plugins and revert to demo theme , and see
   how it goes?
 * We suspected this could a 3rd part plugin or theme that caused the problem.
 * meanwhile i will try to set up exact same env as yours.
 * Best regards,
 *  Thread Starter [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [7 years, 12 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10793040)
 * [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * Thanks for all your support. I will keep posting here because I believe this 
   can help other users in the future.
 * Today I tried the very same procedure in another site. I took a site we are still
   developing and I moved it to LSWS, installed the LS cache plugin, enabled object
   cache with redis (exact same procedure as before) and it worked without a problem.
 * Since yesterday I also tested with a fresh site (with the same theme and plugins
   as this one having the problem) and it also worked, I’m pretty sure at this point
   it HAS to be something wrong with that specific site. Lucky me I’ve chosen the
   worst one to start 🙂
 * Still I think its good it happened at this point because if this problem happens
   when I move a production site, I need to know how to fix it.
 * [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/), I already tried disabling
   all plugins and that made no difference. I will try changing the theme and let
   you know.
 * Btw, if you want to meet on slack or something, I can give you access.
 * Cheers,
 *  Thread Starter [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [7 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10793510)
 * [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * Just to let you know I did another test on the problematic site.
    This time I’ve
   disabled ALL plugins, everything. I also switched the theme to Twenty Seventeen.
 * I’ve also made sure there were no file permissions problems, fixing permissions
   and ownership on every file inside the public folder.
 * I then re-enabled ONLY litespeed cache plugin, double checked my settings, enabled
   object cache and same problem again.
 * Considering everything that has been done so far, I can only thing the problem
   is related to the database. I’m just not sure what could cause it yet.
 *  Thread Starter [lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)
 * (@lenineto)
 * [7 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10793811)
 * [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/)
 * Ok buddy, here is a final comment since problem solved now.
 * After knowing the DB was the problem, I went thru the user_meta table and I found
   the culprit. Pretty stupid, but here it is:
 * show_welcome_panel was set to 2
    I reset it to what it should be
 * show_welcome_panel 1
 * Done deal!
 * Feel free to mark it as closed after you read this.
 * Thanks for all your help!
 * Cheers,
 *  Plugin Support [Hai Zheng⚡](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hailite/)
 * (@hailite)
 * [7 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10793823)
 * Good to know. Good job [@lenineto](https://wordpress.org/support/users/lenineto/)!
   Also [@qtwrk](https://wordpress.org/support/users/qtwrk/) :p

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

 The topic ‘2 Weird problems’ is closed to new replies.

 * ![](https://ps.w.org/litespeed-cache/assets/icon-256x256.png?rev=2554181)
 * [LiteSpeed Cache](https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/)
 * [Frequently Asked Questions](https://wordpress.org/plugins/litespeed-cache/#faq)
 * [Support Threads](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/litespeed-cache/)
 * [Active Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/litespeed-cache/active/)
 * [Unresolved Topics](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/litespeed-cache/unresolved/)
 * [Reviews](https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/litespeed-cache/reviews/)

 * 11 replies
 * 3 participants
 * Last reply from: [Hai Zheng⚡](https://wordpress.org/support/users/hailite/)
 * Last activity: [7 years, 11 months ago](https://wordpress.org/support/topic/2-weird-problems/#post-10793823)
 * Status: resolved