• OceanWP seems to be running another (content-push-style) vertical header (with its own burger-open/x-close menu) that is hidden in the background.
    It also appears to be one that pushes the page’s content aside, rather than sliding over it like the header we see.
    Is this so?
    If it is, it appears to be getting in the way somewhat of the ability to properly or easily/intuitively adjust (in the CSS customizer field) some parameters of the regular (non-hidden) burger open/close menu icons, or at least with regard to completely changing their colour.

That said, I wonder how easy and/or feasible it might be to resurrect, so to speak, the underlying vertical header while making the current one available also, along with making its open/close hamburger menu icons relatively-easily-editable– or somehow doing away with the apparent underlying complexities.

Also, as a feature-request or two, might the good folks at OceanWP be interested in pushing the closed vertical header completely off the canvas while setting a user-draggable burger menu initially at the top corners of the canvas?

The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hello,

I’m afraid we have problems understanding your query, so we need more information about it.

Please share links to screenshots or videos of the issue, as well as the URL of the page where you’re experiencing problems so that we can understand what is it that you’re referring to and inspect the problem on your website.

Thank you!

Thread Starter permaea

(@permaea)

Hi Abhishek,

I’m currently running/designing my site offline on my computer (using MAMP) and with a few things on the go, so it might take awhile (although it is less of a problem per se and more just to let OceanWP know), but we’ll see what can be done within the following week (so, sometime next week or earlier.)
    I’ll let you know in this spot either way.
    (I might try to take screenshots and upload them to here if this is possible.)

In the mean time, though, for what it’s worth, why does OceanWP have two sliding sidebars, one apparently as a hidden ‘engine’ that powers OceanWP’s normal sidebar? I have two sliding sidebars overlapped, each with it’s own hamburger menu. Can OceanWP not provide a simple sliding sidebar for each side without an underlying sidebar?
    Anyway, if that is still unclear, not to worry. I’ll try to get back to you with a concrete example.

Thanks!
    ~ Caelan

Thread Starter permaea

(@permaea)

Hi Abhishek, or To Whom It May Concern:

Here is the link:

If you open the vertical menu, you should see the other menu, deliberately highlighted in pink so it might be easier to notice.

What is also odd is that on my local WordPress install, selecting that other burger menu opens another vertical header (with a huge X to close it) in the same place, (only, as it opens, it pushes the page’s content aside, rather than sliding over it), whereas online at the link I gave you, no extra header opens up, although that burger menu does change a little bit.

My CSS code (see below) appears to be what affects it, but why should it? Why the double header/menu? Is it a coded artifact? Does OceanWP need to have it for something? Or did my CSS code do that?

But again, what I would like to achieve is a visitor-draggable/moveable burger menu outside of the vertical header [and with the vertical header pushed, when closed, completely off the canvas, rather than as a space-wasting margin all the way down the page.] and with a different background-color (semi-transparent) and maybe with a round border, rather than square as it is.
    I had actually done most of this already (pushed the closed vertical header completely off the viewport/canvas and took the burger menu out of it and placed it at the top left viewport/screen corner (although it was only draggable in the Customizer back-end and not on the front-end.) but the new overlapping vertical header with its own burger menu appeared and seemed to have thrown a wrench into things.

Here is my (in progress) CSS code for that (does it look ok to you?):

.oceanwp-mobile-menu-icon
    {
    position:fixed;
    	display:block;
    	top:0px;
    }

#qodef-back-to-top .qodef-back-to-top-icon {
        color:black;
        background-color:rgba(225,225,225,0.75);
    }
    a.vertical-toggle {
    background:rgba(153,153,153,.7);
        }
    	div#blog-entries.entries.clr.oceanwp-row.blog-grid.blog-equal-heights
    {
    	margin-left:-20px;
    	margin-right:-5px;
    }

.blog-entry-inner.clr {
    	background-color:rgba(214,214,214,1);
    	box-shadow: 0px 0px 14px rgba(51,51,51,.2);
    	border-style:dashed;
    }
    .blog-entry-inner.clr:hover {
    	background-color:rgba(204,204,204,.2);
    	box-shadow: 0px 0px 0px rgba(51,51,51,.2);
    }
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by permaea.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Yui.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Jan Dembowski.
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2 Vertical Headers? (Bug/Feature-Request?)’ is closed to new replies.