• Resolved dlove8900

(@dlove8900)

Hi,

Love the plugin and it’s nearly perfect for me if only 2 things were added.

#1 – I agree with your reply about not needing to send an email as the screen already gives you the confirmation (post subject: Confirmation email). The only thing i wish that confirmation page would show is the transaction ID, so the customer has that to reference with (basically a confirmation number).

So there would be just one more line under the payment amount that says:

Amount: 50.00 USD
    Your transaction ID is: ch_18PAr9L4sEnnfLb0XpqZYOyy

#2 – I would really love the description parameter added to the supported shortcodes. The reason for this is because the description parameter is what is used inside the Square Payments dashboard under the description field, if it is left blank the transaction ID is all that is displayed, which means you have no idea what product was sold inside Stripe. This is really a problem when you export your payment reports from that dashboard to excel as the description field is left blank with no idea what product was sold. I tried just adding it manually as i thought it might work as a customized field since it was a stripe default checkout option (as your other comment mentioned) but it didn’t seem to work.

If these 2 things were added i think this plugin would be flawless.

Thanks for the great plugin!

https://wordpress.org/plugins/stripe-payments/

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Plugin Author mra13

(@mra13)

Good suggestions. I will investigate it and look at adding those to the plugin.

Plugin Author mra13

(@mra13)

Hi, The new version of the plugin has both the changes you requested.

The following documentation page has explanation as to how you can use the custom description using the “description” shortcode parameter:
    https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/ecommerce/wordpress-stripe-plugin-accept-payments-using-stripe

If you like this change then give this plugin a rating (if you can).

Thread Starter dlove8900

(@dlove8900)

Thanks for the quick update and i apologize for my late response. Part 1 (the transaction ID on the receipt) works great. Part #2 though (passing through the description) isn’t working.

To test it i just used your sample short code on your site from the link you provided: [accept_stripe_payment name=”Cool Product” price=”25.00″ button_text=”Pay Now” description=”This is a test item description”]

But the description field doesn’t pass through, everything else works perfectly though.

Here are the results Stripe is showing:

Amount: $25.00 USD
    Fee: $1.03 Info
    Date: 2016/07/22 14:56:10
    Description: No description

Plugin Author mra13

(@mra13)

I tested that exact shortcode on my test site and it shows the description in the Stripe Payment window.

Are you having a caching type issue (where you are seeing an old cached page)? Are you looking for that description in the Stripe popup payment window?

Thread Starter dlove8900

(@dlove8900)

yes the description shows up on the stripe checkout “popup” correctly on my site. But when i put in my data and create the order the description is not passing to the stripe system. I also notice that it’s not showing the description field within the order details that are shown in the Stripe Order tab in WP that the plugin creates. The order is there and contains all the other info but no description category.

I would assume since the description is not showing up in the Stripe Orders page (in WP) that would be the same reason reason it’s not passing the description through to the Stripe Payment details (on stripes page) either. But that’s just a guess.

Thanks.

Plugin Author mra13

(@mra13)

The parameter is definitely being passed via the “data-description” Stripe parameter. Thats the only reason Stripe is showing it in the popup window. Everything you see in the popup window is being passed to Stripe API.

Looks like, Stripe doesn’t store that value or does anything with it after the checkout. So it never saves that info. Nothing I can do in the plugin unfortunately (it is upto Stripe if they want to save that description info with the order or not).

Thread Starter dlove8900

(@dlove8900)

ok thank you for looking into it. Just fyi Stripe does use this field normally though and is used within the stripe system. It’s actually one of their native fields. Here is a screenshot to show you.

screenshot

Also other plugins such as WP Simple Pay Lite for Stripe have this description field that you can manually set and passes through correctly (using a very similar short code process as to your plugin).

Thanks again for trying.

Plugin Author mra13

(@mra13)

Let me talk to Stripe support and I will get back to you.

Plugin Author mra13

(@mra13)

I needed to use that description with the charge object also. I have made the necessary changes in the new version for it.

Thread Starter dlove8900

(@dlove8900)

Awesome, I tested it and it now works perfectly. Great work thanks!

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘2 small adds and this is perfect’ is closed to new replies.