• Resolved Lea

(@leac)

Hi

First of all, thanks for a wonderful plugin. I love it!

However, I ran into 2 issues in my RTL blog, which I didn’t run into on a LTR site:

1. The icons at the top bar don’t appear. Could it be that the ‘dashicons’ font isn’t called in RTL WP?
    2. When saving the post, the title is deleted…

BTW, I’m using the 3.9 alpha version of WP.

Thanks again for your awesome work!
    Lea

http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-front-end-editor/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Ella

(@ellatrix)

I’ll look into issue 1, but I don’t have much experience with RTL tbh. I haven’t made any separate stylesheets for it.
    Issue 2 is weird. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with RTL. Might be caused by your theme or a plugin. Could you try deactivating plugins and switching themes. Let me know what you’re using.

Thread Starter Lea

(@leac)

Regarding issue 1 – there really isn’t any reason to make a special stylesheet for RTL, because other that this issue I haven’t spotted anything else. Maybe all we need in a RTL styleshhet is the dashicons font definitions?

Issue 2 happens even when disabling all plugins (other than FEE) and switching to the twenty-fourteen theme…. Might it have something to do with non-ascii characters? I tried FEE in an english site, and there wasn’t any problem there…

Thanks so much

Thread Starter Lea

(@leac)

Ok, I found the source of the problem.

In an rtl site, the \wordpress\wp-includes\css\admin-bar-rtl.css is used, and in it there is the following definition:

html:lang(he-il) .rtl #wpadminbar *  {
     	font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    }

So that of course cancels the use of the dashicons font in the admin bar…

Is there a way to counter this?

Plugin Author Ella

(@ellatrix)

I’ll ask around for this, sorry, I have no idea about RTL… There’s a ticket here to track changes and I’ve referenced this post: https://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2121
    Maybe you could cc yourself for that ticket? It will send you updates if there are any changes.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘2 RTL issues’ is closed to new replies.