WordPress.org

Forums

Import CSV with Ultimate CSV Importer
[resolved] 2 Questions on import and mapping (5 posts)

1. a6april
    Posted 1 year ago #

Good Morning, I would like to ask:

I have a csv file I want to import, however there are no Post_Tilte Fields, nor is there a status field. There is a description content (for arguments sake lets say there is not)

This particular csv document contains addresses, however it is set up like this:

Number:
    PO Box Number:
    Street Direction Pfx:
    Street Name:
    Street Addl Info:
    Street Direction Suffix:
    City (Post Office):
    State/Province:
    County:
    Zip:

Lets say only a few of these contain values like this:
    Number: 1015
    Box Number:
    Street Direction Pfx: S
    Street Name: Mockingbird
    Street Addl Info:
    Street Direction Suffix: Lane
    City (Post Office): Munsterville
    State/Province: IL
    County: Spot
    Zip: ou812

And I want the Post_Title to read:
    1015 S Mockingbird Lane Munsterville IL ou812

(1) Is there a way to combine mapping fields? or would I have to make an Array or Function or something?
    (2) Is there a way to add more (like) import with Post Status >> i.e. I can import with post_staus, however can I import with Post_Category, Post_Date, Post_Parent without altering the csv file?

Thank you for your help on this!

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ultimate-csv-importer/

2. smackcoders
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

(1) Is there a way to combine mapping fields? or would I have to make an Array or Function or something?

No it is possible now.

(2) Is there a way to add more (like) import with Post Status >> i.e. I can import with post_staus, however can I import with Post_Category, Post_Date, Post_Parent without altering the csv file?

Yes you can do this by mapping correct csv fields to wordpres post category, Date, parent etc. Also you can assign post status for each post in csv by selecting status as in CSV from drop down. To add correct status values in csv kindly refer the sample file for all statuses.

3. a6april
    Posted 1 year ago #

Thank you so very much for your quick response. My request perhaps was unclear, Please allow me an opportunity to clarify.

The csv file does not contain the post category, Date, parent etc, as this is a client side private csv file. As you have indicated [Also you can assign post status for each post in csv by selecting status as in CSV from drop down.]

I am aware of the Import Data Configuration for Post status, Is there a way to add others if they are not contained in the csv file?

My other question was, Can I add multiple fields to the mapping for say Title to a single output field?

For example I have the csv file with (3) fields that make up the address [House Number, Street Name and Street suffix] I want all 3 to map over to the Post_Title field. Can you map multiple fields to one?

4. smackcoders
    Plugin Author

Posted 1 year ago #

Now i get you. For now, only you can assign post status from drop down. And also combination of 3 fields to map with title field or any single field is not possible.

5. a6april
    Posted 1 year ago #

ok, perhaps I can run the csv file through a scrubber first, if you have any suggestions before I begin this task I would appreciate it.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

• Import CSV with Ultimate CSV Importer
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.