• Resolved MMS JNoori

(@thecollegestudy)

1: Can I use this plugin to show ads only on mobile devices?

2: Can I hide all ads units on specific categories (including the posts within…)?

3: Can non-amp shortcodes within ad content show AdSense ads within the post on amp page automatically?

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by MMS JNoori.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Plugin Author Thomas M

(@webzunft)

Hi The Smart,

yes, you can hide ads on mobile devices. You can find the “device” option among the Visitor Conditions on the ad edit screen.

There is no single option that allows you to hide all ads for specific categories. You would need to set this for all ads using the Display Conditions or write your own code using the advanced-ads-can-display hook.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thomas

Thread Starter MMS JNoori

(@thecollegestudy)

In question 1, I asked Can I show ads only on mobile devices?

and please also check question 3

Plugin Author Thomas M

(@webzunft)

Question 1: there is a mobile option under the mentioned “device” condition. Just select it.

Question 3: Not with the basic plugin. The AdSense code is converted automatically into AMP when you have the Responsive add-on enabled.

Best regards,
    Thomas

(@thecollegestudy)

Thanks for reply.

One thing more, is it too much necessary to use cache-busting feature in pro version to use device condition, mean i am using free version, can it be safe to use device condition without cache-bustering feature?

note: i am using wp-super cacher

Plugin Author Thomas M

(@webzunft)

Hi The Smart,

Cache Busting is normally not needed for when using Display Conditions. Caching can cause a problem when different users should see different ads, e.g., you have one ad for mobile and one for desktop users or when an ad group should rotate ads on the same page.

Does that help?

Thomas

(@thecollegestudy)

thanks it helps.

Is it safe to you device condition for AdSense ads?

(@thecollegestudy)

I found an bug!

when i use Display condition and select specific pages where the ad will be appeared and next give my page id (if more than one then separated by comma as 9095, 9107, 9114, 14906, 11831, 1517), then Publish the ad unit…After publishing when i go again to display condition it shows me blank box. I mean where have gone the page ids that i have given to box before publish?

Plugin Author Thomas M

(@webzunft)

> Is it safe to you device condition for AdSense ads?

Are you asking whether it is safe to use this condition? Yes.
    It is against AdSense terms to hide ads using CSS, but Advanced Ads does not load the code at all if it shouldn’t be used for a given device, page, or user.

> when i use Display condition and select specific pages where the ad will be appeared and next give my page id

You need to use the “+” button to add new sites and enter one ID per field only, not separate multiple ones using a comma.

Could you try that?

Thanks,
    Thomas

(@thecollegestudy)

thanks you very much

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘3 Questions about Plugin’ is closed to new replies.